PDA

View Full Version : Oil and filter

captain
03-09-2010, 12:15 AM
I know, one of the most hashed out discussions on the board. Did do a search and really didn't find what I was looking for. Thought I did the search properly maybe didn't, so anyway here goes.

First question concerns oil filters, I always use Luber Finer oil filters for my KLR (probalby made by Wix which makes a lot of filters). This is what I found for Luber Finer for the Nomad (guy didn't have any info for the 2009) part # PH2876. Just wondering if any body on here uses this filter or is there a different part #.

After break in I intend on switching to Amsoil 20W-50 and was just wondering if anybody else is running the same oil.

Phil

nomadpilot
03-09-2010, 05:08 PM
Don't use Amsoil, but by all reports, it's good stuff, if a bit spendy. I can recommend oil filters from Napa Auto. I use the Napa Gold series, made for them by Wix, so that's a safe bet. Also, Purolator makes a decent series of oil filters. Don't know the part number for the Vulcan, but it's the Pure One series of oil filters. If you have a Fred Meyer store in your area, they sell them, as I'm sure most auto parts stores save for Napa must carry them.