PDA

View Full Version : If you're ever in the area!

jamiep24
03-02-2010, 09:52 AM
Supposed to be sunny and 65 this weekend and I plan on riding Saturday and Sunday. An old friend and I are taking the Natchez Trace down to Port Gibson. Just love riding on the Trace, peaceful and great scenery. No commercial vehicles allowed and 50 MPH speed limits. About a 2 hour drive to Port Gibson on US Hwy 61 there is a store down there called the Old Country Store Restaurant, owned and operated by Arthur Davis. He bought that old general store many years ago. He opened a restaurant in the back of the store and has a southern-style buffet 365 days a year, and his specialty is fried chicken. Arthur is an old black fella with tons of character. He'll tell his story of how he was born in Florida, went to college and graduated from Florida State Univ., took a weekend trip to Mississippi to visit and never went back to Florida. He'll sing to ya and tell ya stories. Just a great little place and great food. So if you're ever around Vicksburg or Natchez, and hungry, there's a neat little (actually it's pretty big) store in between and you won't regret the trip. Jamie

jamiep24
03-02-2010, 09:59 AM
It's actually in a small town of Lorman, just outside of Port Gibson. Just Google or Yahoo search Old Country Store-Lorman Ms to get an idea.

oldbikers
03-03-2010, 08:45 PM
Jamie which day are going maybe I could meet up with you.

jamiep24
03-03-2010, 09:41 PM
Planning on going Saturday morning around 10 or so, if I had to guess. Just love that ride down there and great food at the other end. The friend I'm going with is 72 (you'd think he's 42), probably the best electrician in Yazoo County, he's the one with the decked out '03 Ultra Classic that has no room left for anything on it. The two of us rode up to Horn Lake back in the Fall to go to the Harley shop he got his from. Love to have ya, Jim.....You know at the last weekend of March in Jackson they have the Great Southern Bike Expo and I know I'll go to that, too.