PDA

View Full Version : Kawasaki Superstore(s)

cactusjack
02-15-2010, 10:46 PM
This is specific to the Phoenix area members...

I was at a VROC bike night earlier this evening, and one of the members just happens to be the parts manager for Kelly's Kawasaki, the largest and oldest Kawasaki dealer in the East Valley.

I haven't confirmed this, but he said all the Kawasaki Superstore dealerships closed for good yesterday. Their inventory has been purchased by another dealer out of state.

I know many of us purchased our Nomads from the Kawasaki Superstore dealers. Has anyone heard anything more about this?

Those who may have purchased service contracts through the dealer may be left out in the cold if this is true.

MarkG
02-16-2010, 02:48 AM
I had one of their maintenance contracts with them. Wonder where that leaves me at the moment? Guess I'll take a drive out to the store in the morning and see if there are any notes on the door or something.

cactusjack
02-16-2010, 09:19 AM
I had one of their maintenance contracts with them. Wonder where that leaves me at the moment? Guess I'll take a drive out to the store in the morning and see if there are any notes on the door or something.

If you do, please let us know what you find, Mark.

MarkG
02-16-2010, 01:18 PM
Talked to one of the higher ups at the Superstore this morning. They are not closing the doors. Thankfully, since I happen to like the way their mechanics service my bike. Economics being what it is they are changing the business model to improve profitability. As I understand it, Ma Kaw wants more control and has the independents over the barrel at the moment. The changes the store is making should improve the cash flow. So for now, it doesn't look like we need to worry. Of course that could change in a few months if the economy doesn't improve.

cactusjack
02-16-2010, 01:56 PM
Talked to one of the higher ups at the Superstore this morning. They are not closing the doors. Thankfully, since I happen to like the way their mechanics service my bike. Economics being what it is they are changing the business model to improve profitability. As I understand it, Ma Kaw wants more control and has the independents over the barrel at the moment. The changes the store is making should improve the cash flow. So for now, it doesn't look like we need to worry. Of course that could change in a few months if the economy doesn't improve.

Thanks. This is why I said I hadn't confirmed what I had heard. I'm glad they are able to remain open.

billz410
02-17-2010, 12:17 PM
Well what exactly does 'changing the business model' mean? Less 19-year old salesmen who don't know a damn thing about anything in the store other than the ZX-14 Ninja and that it 'goes really fast'? I've never seen a group of people anywhere that know less about what they're trying to sell than the people who work at motorcycle dealerships.

The other day a guy at Arizona Kawsaki in Apache Junction informed me that the 2010 Concours 14 has electronic cruise control. Sorry, dude, you is wrong-o on that one. Just another example of Kawasaki's we-almost-got-it-right Engineering Philosophy.

It's an inexcuseable shame when the customer walks in and can tell people in the store more about the bikes than the people that are supposed to sell them. Oh well, welcome to the Japanese Motorcycle Purchasing Experience. rantrantrantrant

cactusjack
02-17-2010, 04:04 PM
Well what exactly does 'changing the business model' mean? Less 19-year old salesmen who don't know a damn thing about anything in the store other than the ZX-14 Ninja and that it 'goes really fast'? I've never seen a group of people anywhere that know less about what they're trying to sell than the people who work at motorcycle dealerships.

The other day a guy at Arizona Kawsaki in Apache Junction informed me that the 2010 Concours 14 has electronic cruise control. Sorry, dude, you is wrong-o on that one. Just another example of Kawasaki's we-almost-got-it-right Engineering Philosophy.

It's an inexcuseable shame when the customer walks in and can tell people in the store more about the bikes than the people that are supposed to sell them. Oh well, welcome to the Japanese Motorcycle Purchasing Experience. rantrantrantrant

Like the time I called the Ahwatukee dealership and told them I had a 1600 Nomad and the service guy asked me if it was a v-twin?

Geez, Bill - give us a break. Go buy a Harley and be done with it! http://s2.images.proboards.com/grin.gif

billz410
02-17-2010, 06:30 PM
http://s2.images.proboards.com/angry.gif:(" title=">:(" border="0"/> http://s2.images.proboards.com/angry.gif:(" title=">:(" border="0"/> http://s2.images.proboards.com/angry.gif:(" title=">:(" border="0"/>

cactusjack
02-23-2010, 02:04 PM
I was in Ahwatukee for lunch today and I drove by the Superstore. It is closed. All the floor displays are gone and there are a few bikes and things on the floor. Lights were off and no one was home.

I hate to say it Mark, but they were blowing smoke up...your...pantleg.

MarkG
02-23-2010, 05:48 PM
It appears that wishful thinking that they might stay in business one way or another did not pan out. This is the latest from the store website.

We have permanently closed the Kawasaki Superstores

It is with heartfelt thanks that we bow our heads to our Customers, our Staff, and our Vendors. We put everything we could into making our business a good one for each of you to be acquainted with and for six years we lived the dream with you. No one regrets the loss of our business more than we do and we hope the standard we tried to set in the market has helped bring some joy into your life.

Chris and Steve (owners)

Looks like all of us will have to find a different dealership for service. ???