PDA

View Full Version : Phoenix area members

cactusjack
01-26-2010, 09:52 AM
A Phoenix chapter of the VRA (Vulcan Riders Association) is being formed. This is a national club for riders of Kawasaki Vulcans. I have been waiting for a chapter to start up locally and a couple of the local VROC guys made it happen.

If anyone in the greater Phoenix area is interested and would like to learn more, here is the Phoenix VRA Yahoo group:

http://autos.groups.yahoo.com/group/phoenixvulcanriders/

There is a breakfast meet and greet on Saturday, Feb 6 at 08:00 AM at the Black Bear Diner on Bell Rd in Phx. Details are in the Yahoo Group.

This is a great opportunity to meet other Vulcan owners and check out different bikes. I believe they plan to do a ride once or twice each month. I know some of the members from VROC and other groups and they are good guys. Come check it out!

Jared
01-26-2010, 01:25 PM
The President of VRA has contacted me personally and asked me to start a Utah chapter. I seriously considered it, but got almost no support when posting info about it on local forums/group pages etc. I wouldn't want to be in charge, but would definitely be a force to get the ball moving. Too bad the following isn't too good in this area.

After I get done with my MBA and my wife gets done with her JD, Phoenix seems like a nice place to live. Every time I've been in that area, I've enjoyed it and the large motorcycle following is also attractive.

cactusjack
01-26-2010, 02:55 PM
The President of VRA has contacted me personally and asked me to start a Utah chapter. I seriously considered it, but got almost no support when posting info about it on local forums/group pages etc. I wouldn't want to be in charge, but would definitely be a force to get the ball moving. Too bad the following isn't too good in this area.

After I get done with my MBA and my wife gets done with her JD, Phoenix seems like a nice place to live. Every time I've been in that area, I've enjoyed it and the large motorcycle following is also attractive.

The folks who are starting the Phoenix chapter seem to be developing a good following. They made sure there was support for a chapter before they applied for a charter.

I joined the SCRC a couple of years back and we had like 5 members and 3 rides in a year. It died a slow death. There's 5 million people in the greater Phoenix area, and that's the best they could do? Overall, I think people in the western US tend to not join groups as readily as they do in the midwest or back east. I think it's a cultural/geographic thing.

Jared
01-26-2010, 05:41 PM

The folks who are starting the Phoenix chapter seem to be developing a good following. They made sure there was support for a chapter before they applied for a charter.

I joined the SCRC a couple of years back and we had like 5 members and 3 rides in a year. It died a slow death. There's 5 million people in the greater Phoenix area, and that's the best they could do? Overall, I think people in the western US tend to not join groups as readily as they do in the midwest or back east. I think it's a cultural/geographic thing.

Your probably right. When I went back to Florida last summer, a group of people (mostly from this forum) threw me a welcome party which I thought was very cool. Not a single one of them new me- personally, but they had no problem going out of their comfort zone to have a little fun.

You don't see that too often around here.