PDA

View Full Version : Vance & Hines Slip Ons and Fuel Pak

muddler
01-20-2010, 08:10 PM
FYI ... in the Vance & Hines catalog a Fuel Pak and Slip Ons are shown for the 1700 Nomads. Gave them a call and they expect them to be ready to ship this Spring. According to the "rep", Fuel Pak ... $279, Slip Ons ... $450-$500.

rusthead
02-06-2010, 05:38 AM
Hi Muddler, when you say fuel pak, is that some sort of fuel injection system adjustment?
Also K&N now have air filters available.

muddler
02-08-2010, 04:17 PM
It's my understanding that the fuel pak is a fuel injection system adjustment as you said (similar to the Dynojet Power Commander V for example). I don't know how much control it affords, but when you open up the "breathing" of an engine by changing the either the air in or exhaust out, you need to compensate by altering the fuel mixture (usually make it more rich). It used to be if you only changed the exhaust, it didn't matter that much, but I know on some machines, like the VN2000, even a change in exhaust only, called for a richer mix.

rusthead
02-09-2010, 06:28 AM
Thanks for the info, I will order pipes, fuel pak and air filter when all become available. The heat shield modification looks like a good idea too although I think you guys could do with a little extra heat right now.

cactusjack
02-14-2010, 07:43 PM
FYI ... in the Vance & Hines catalog a Fuel Pak and Slip Ons are shown for the 1700 Nomads. Gave them a call and they expect them to be ready to ship this Spring. According to the "rep", Fuel Pak ... $279, Slip Ons ... $450-$500.

The V&H Fuel Pak is probably the most cumbersome and complex fuel processor there is. There are a few dozen settings you have to make. The Cobra FI2000R or Dobeck TFI are much simpler to use and are proven. I realize they may not make them for the 1700 yet, but it might be worth the wait.

I just checked and both Cobra and Dobeck have fuel processors for the 1700's already on the market.

muddler
02-15-2010, 04:27 PM
Thanks.... don't have any knowledge regarding the V&H Pak... I did use the TFI on my 1600 and it worked well. The shop were I work generally installs the Cobra and I haven't heard of any complaints. In any event, when the time comes I'll steer clear of V&H.

submarinerwolfe
05-02-2010, 08:47 AM
I am looking at getting new pipes and openning up the intake. Has anyone used the Power Commander V yet? I have no experience with these at all. Any suggestions would be most welcome.

tombstone
05-05-2010, 04:51 PM

Does anyone have an idea how this would affect performance...numbers wise HP MPG?