PDA

View Full Version : Nomad 1700 trunk kit (Kawasaki kit)

dbaliko
12-20-2009, 09:45 PM
I recently bought the trunk kit for my Nomad 1700 from Kawasaki. This kit is virtually identical to the Voyager trunk, including all of the chrome trim and the LED lights. It came in black only. It can be painted to match your bike. It lists for $1395 and I believe they are sold out. I paid $1100 and will sell for $1000 plus shipping. Be advised that this unit comes in a large cardboard crate. It's not to heavy but is very large. Shipping charges may be an issue. Locals are free to pick up. I live in the DFW metroplex.

Here is the link to the Kawasaki web site to give you all of the details;

http://www.kawasaki.com/KawasakiNew/Accessories2/PCItemDetail.aspx?ItemNumber=999940175&Reason=6&intCatalogID=1&intCatalogType=4&ProductTypeID=63&ModelMarketingId=616&ModelYear=2009&CategoryID=160

Doug

Netnorske
12-31-2009, 02:31 AM
I recently bought the trunk kit for my Nomad 1700 from Kawasaki. This kit is virtually identical to the Voyager trunk, including all of the chrome trim and the LED lights. It came in black only. It can be painted to match your bike. It lists for $1395 and I believe they are sold out. I paid $1100 and will sell for $1000 plus shipping. Be advised that this unit comes in a large cardboard crate. It's not to heavy but is very large. Shipping charges may be an issue. Locals are free to pick up. I live in the DFW metroplex.

http://www.kawasaki.com/KawasakiNew/Accessories2/PCItemDetail.aspx?ItemNumber=999940175&Reason=6&intCatalogID=1&intCatalogType=4&ProductTypeID=63&ModelMarketingId=616&ModelYear=2009&CategoryID=160

Doug

Just curious as to why you are selling it...?? Did you just not like it, not big enough....or upon getting the invoice, did your wife beat you like she just caught you cheating with her best friend....?? Don't mean to pry, but inquiring minds want to know.... :-/.

dbaliko
01-03-2010, 08:15 PM
Actually I'm not sure that I'm keeping the bike. I'm just not sure which way I'm headed bike wise. I may be interested in a Victory CrossRoads. It looks like a really nice bike. I have had my Nomad 1700 for a while and while it's a nice bike, I don't absolutely love it. The clunky tranny, heat issues, lack of many aftermarket goodies, etc. just make it an OK cruiser. I actually liked my '02 Nomad 1500FI much better if that makes any sense. In retrospect I wish that I had kept it.

Doug

Netnorske
01-05-2010, 03:24 PM
Actually I'm not sure that I'm keeping the bike. I'm just not sure which way I'm headed bike wise. I may be interested in a Victory CrossRoads. It looks like a really nice bike. I have had my Nomad 1700 for a while and while it's a nice bike, I don't absolutely love it. The clunky tranny, heat issues, lack of many aftermarket goodies, etc. just make it an OK cruiser. I actually liked my '02 Nomad 1500FI much better if that makes any sense. In retrospect I wish that I had kept it.

Doug

Now there is an honest answer. Only you know what bike fits/rides the best for your riding style. Good luck with whatever direction you end up going!

billz410
01-06-2010, 11:18 PM
Sure seems like the 'new' Nomad and Voyager are having a tough time 'catching on'... at least on KawNOW.

cactusjack
01-07-2010, 12:11 AM
Sure seems like the 'new' Nomad and Voyager are having a tough time 'catching on'... at least on KawNOW.

I think since the 1700's have come out, more members have moved from Nomads to Harleys than to the 1700's.

Netnorske
01-07-2010, 01:04 AM
Ma Kaw....you listening....??

kchow24
03-26-2010, 07:19 PM

Doug

Hi Doug,
I'm interested, but the problem is how to deal with you? I'm form Malaysia.

KC