PDA

View Full Version : Anybody home????

cactusjack
12-17-2009, 12:54 PM
The silence in here is deafening!

Jared
12-17-2009, 03:26 PM
LOL!!! I was thinking the same thing. All of the other regions have a constant conversation on their regional sections.

cactusjack
12-17-2009, 04:50 PM
They are already booking their rooms for their rallies. I'm not even sure where our rally is going to be.

azpnshr
12-17-2009, 07:54 PM
Just got back in from a day ride with my wife...took her up to Bagdad and over to Prescott via Skull Valley. While it was beautiful, I didn't think to check weather conditions up there before leaving....just a LITTLE bit chilly and snow on the ground! Still, good time on the bike and had a nice date with my wife.

cactusjack
12-17-2009, 09:20 PM
Just got back in from a day ride with my wife...took her up to Bagdad and over to Prescott via Skull Valley. While it was beautiful, I didn't think to check weather conditions up there before leaving....just a LITTLE bit chilly and snow on the ground! Still, good time on the bike and had a nice date with my wife.

I've done that ride a couple of times, always in the summer. I think today would have been a great day for that ride.

Toophun and I are gonna ride down to Tucson tomorrow, just for kicks.

audiogooroo
12-17-2009, 10:46 PM
Hey! A real conversation! How cool is that? :)
It's all I can do to check the forum daily. Really hoping to slow things down come summer, but it's not looking likely. Got to strike when the iron's hot, yanno? Especially in this economy.
Rally info is Waterman's baby. He told me on Dec 9th that he hoped to have things finalized and information out the next day. Then he went to Florida on vacation! What a bum! :) J/K Joel I wish I was in Florida right now.
I'm sure he'll have something for us soon.

blowndodge
12-19-2009, 01:10 AM
quit talking so loud! I'm trying to sleep in here!!!! http://s2.images.proboards.com/grin.gif

waterman
12-20-2009, 10:21 PM
Well, we aren't home yet. I have been working on the details. But, I wanted to finalize it and haven't been able to get the hotel for a couple of days. Hopefully when I get home tomorrow I will get an answer.

Jared
12-21-2009, 11:35 PM
What else needs to be planned for the rally? Are you just looking for a hotel that matches most of our budgets?

waterman
12-22-2009, 05:06 PM
Utah,

I have one picked but just trying to make the final details such as making sure the room charges, dates for reservations and that.

dantama
12-24-2009, 11:27 AM
I came and looked down here for a month, and there was nothing. Then I gave up and look what happened.

billz410
12-24-2009, 08:28 PM
That bike of yours is really looking sweet in the garage, UM! lol

Jared
12-25-2009, 01:19 PM
It's getting a House of Kolor make over.

Jared
01-11-2010, 03:33 PM
I went for a 20 minute ride this weekend. It was freezing!!! but so worth it! I'm very envious of all you that live where you can ride all year long.

I have decided to ride down to Death Valley toward the end of February. Has anyone been there before? Is it a decent trip? Any recommendations?

waterman
01-11-2010, 05:57 PM
Man, would people quit talking about riding!!!!!! Too much ice around here to think about it. I did plug the old girl in to charge the battery last night so I do think of riding. Maybe if the weather holds like they claim, I can make a ride this weekend.

cactusjack
01-11-2010, 10:28 PM
I went for a 20 minute ride this weekend. It was freezing!!! but so worth it! I'm very envious of all you that live where you can ride all year long.

I have decided to ride down to Death Valley toward the end of February. Has anyone been there before? Is it a decent trip? Any recommendations?

Death Valley didn't get its name by accident. You should be fine in February. I've never been there, but have read many stories about riding there.

Jared
01-12-2010, 10:26 AM
I checked out the weather report and the average high in Feb is in the low 80s. Should be perfect!

cactusjack
01-12-2010, 03:34 PM
I checked out the weather report and the average high in Feb is in the low 80s. Should be perfect!

Yeah it will be a nice change from Utah County for you that time of year. Seen the sun lately?

Jared
01-13-2010, 12:22 PM
Not really. The smog and inversion has been horrible this year.

cactusjack
01-13-2010, 05:51 PM

That's what I was getting at. I read the SL Tribune online every day and it seems the inversion has been especially bad this winter.

I used to work in a field service position when I lived in UT. Park City, Heber, Coalville, Evanston, etc were part of my territory. I'd leave the valley and by the time I hit Parleys Summit on I-80, it was sunny and warmer at 7,000 feet than it was in the valley at 4200 feet.

dantama
01-15-2010, 02:29 PM

That's what I was getting at. I read the SL Tribune online every day and it seems the inversion has been especially bad this winter.

I used to work in a field service position when I lived in UT. Park City, Heber, Coalville, Evanston, etc were part of my territory. I'd leave the valley and by the time I hit Parleys Summit on I-80, it was sunny and warmer at 7,000 feet than it was in the valley at 4200 feet.

I lived in Sugar House on the east end. As soon as the roads were clear enough to get out after a storm, I'd head out to Park City on my bike just to get into the sun. There was only one corner where I'd have to watch for ice in the shade, the rest was usually clear not too many days after a storm due to the amount of salt used.

The shady corner would get snow melt rolling back out into the road, and eventually the salt would wash away allowing it to refreeze.

Coming back down was always kind of gross. When you were stuck in it, you could convince your self that it was all up above you high up. Driving back down out of the sun into the thick stew of pollution, thick enough to seem like cloud cover, was kind of gross.

I don't miss that at all in Denver.

dantama
01-15-2010, 02:31 PM
Utah, if you got a clear shot of weather getting from Orem to St. George, you've got it made.

Don't get caught in a snowstorm coming back through and get stuck somewhere :)

cactusjack
01-15-2010, 02:37 PM

I lived in Sugar House on the east end. As soon as the roads were clear enough to get out after a storm, I'd head out to Park City on my bike just to get into the sun. There was only one corner where I'd have to watch for ice in the shade, the rest was usually clear not too many days after a storm due to the amount of salt used.

The shady corner would get snow melt rolling back out into the road, and eventually the salt would wash away allowing it to refreeze.

Coming back down was always kind of gross. When you were stuck in it, you could convince your self that it was all up above you high up. Driving back down out of the sun into the thick stew of pollution, thick enough to seem like cloud cover, was kind of gross.

I don't miss that at all in Denver.

During these inversions, the Wasatch Front has some of the worst air in the nation. It looks like Birmingham England during the industrial revolution.

I don't miss that crap at all. Phoenix has different air quality issues, mostly due to the dust in the air from the desert.

Jared
01-16-2010, 02:03 PM
Utah, if you got a clear shot of weather getting from Orem to St. George, you've got it made.

Don't get caught in a snowstorm coming back through and get stuck somewhere :)

Yeah that is my thought as well. If the weather is clear enough to to St. George, I should be able to have a nice weekend of riding.

I'm sure I will freeze my butt off until I get down south though. Hopefully the weather will be nice, maybe in the low 40s, during the last weekend of Feb.

toophun
01-17-2010, 01:34 AM
Utah, I just mentioned Death Valley to CJ today on our ride. I've been thinking about riding up and checking it out while it's cool. Keep me posted I might head up and meet ya.

Jared
01-18-2010, 10:31 AM
Utah, I just mentioned Death Valley to CJ today on our ride. I've been thinking about riding up and checking it out while it's cool. Keep me posted I might head up and meet ya.

Will let you know. Right now, the tentative plans are to go up the 26 and return the 29th of February.

Jared
01-27-2010, 07:21 PM
I finally ordered some heated gloves. I got the Gerbing G3 model. I hope they help spring come sooner.