PDA

View Full Version : New Lower - Only 1

cdneh
11-12-2009, 02:14 PM
I recently purchased lowers from edmonds, thanks to the lead from John Evans, and got one installed on the weekend. I have to loosen the turn signal from the light bar to get at bolts from the stock lowers. When trying to get the screw out of the signal that houses the wiring, it stripped. I think the factory uses lock tight or something that really locks it in. So I drove it over to the dealer today as the bike needed a 5000 km oil change too, to get them to look at it as everything should be under warranty.
On the drive over I had one stock lower and one edmond lower. I could really tell the difference in the wind deflection with the larger size so I think this is going to be a good addition to the 09.
It is a cool day today 9C / 48F so the extra protection, on one side at least, was great. I haven't been for a ride in a few weeks so this was so much fun. I should get the bike back this afternoon or early evening.

peterdarby
11-16-2009, 09:00 AM
I put on my large lowers from edmonds thursday. I didn't have any problems with the light bar. I just unbolted the little lowers and put on the larger ones. The only problem I had was the edmonds lowers are thicker than the OEM lowers so the bolts just barely fit. In fact on one the only way to get it to fit was to leave off one of the rubber pads. As far as cutting the wind they are even better than I hoped for when used with engine guard chaps. With the exception of my hands I could be comfortable on the bike if I am comfortable just sitting outside. Their is almost no wind.

cdneh
11-16-2009, 03:15 PM
I too had problems with the bolts fitting the thicker lowers. I found some longer bolts that were almost as shiny as the chromed originals through a marine supply store. The dealer filled the hole with appoxy, put back the screws, and it should be fine now The light bar was ordered from Kawasaki and the turn signals hang down thus covering the bolts. I was pleased with the sind deflection on the trip back with both lowers on and will order the engine chaps next. For now it is time to put the Nomad on a jack and do all the winterizing for the winter.

sakirider
11-16-2009, 09:46 PM
The bolts were short so I purchased longer ones from North Valley Kawasaki/Honda. I installed the large lowers and put the smaller ones away. WoW, what a difference!!! There is very little wind, and no more watery eyes. The new lowers work like a champ and I highly recommend them. I wish I could get some compensation for the free advertisement for Edmund Enterprise LTD.

Ride with Pride.

drno
12-02-2009, 02:37 PM
I made my own last may. Huge difference eh. No more helmet jumping on your head.