PDA

View Full Version : First Voyager sighting

cactusjack
10-12-2009, 06:42 PM
Tonight I stopped at the supermarket on my way home and when I do that, I generally take the two lane highway to the south because it has only one stop sign in 4 miles. As I was approaching the intersection with the highway, I noticed a blue and black bike going east on the highway. Was it a Voyager? Luckily, I didn't have to wait to make my turn and got on that highway and headed east. The mystery bike had a good quarter mile on me by the time I finished my turn. I cranked the Nomad up and caught up to it in about a mile. Yep, it was a Voyager, the first one I have seen on the road. I've seen several at shown and dealers but have never seen one in action.

I was surprised at how small it looked from the rear, but the guy riding it was a pretty big boy, so it might have just appeared small with him on it. I couldn't really hear the pipes over my own, so I have no idea how it sounded. I had to turn left to go home and he continued up the highway. He probably lives in my subdivision and I'll keep an eye out for it.