PDA

View Full Version : WTB taller wind screen for fairing-update

trosco
10-01-2009, 09:07 AM
I've pretty much decided that I am going to replace the shield with a 10-11 inch smoke or lite grey tint shield with the "recurve" or reverse lip feature. I have found a HD fairing and shield after marketer called Long Ride and a metric/HD re-marketer called Clearview that both offer what I am looking for. Jmilucky has been a big help in getting this far, just wondering if anyone else has experience with either brand or is aware of alternatives.

Hi all, put a fairing (used) on my 07 Nad. Came with the short smoke screen (ala the HD road glide look). I think its about 5-6 inches from bolt hole to highest edge. I'd like to get a taller screen for when I travel or ride two up. Something about 9 to 12 inches I think. Thought someone might have one or could point me in a direction to get one? Fairing is a Tsukayu (SP?) but has the 3 bolt hole mounting for screen which seems pretty standard.

strobe
10-01-2009, 09:42 AM
I bought two of these for my HD fairing

http://www.customflhtwindshields.net/egmarwindshield2.htm

I bought the one pictured in 2-8 - the 9" flat top. I think they look great and they give a bit more protection than the stock style. I also preferred the flat top to the rounded top ones.

I bought a clear and a light smoke one. If you are interested in them I am selling them for $40 plus shipping for the clear one which is brand new (still has the protective film on it) and $35 for the light smoke which has been on the bike for around 4000 miles. Shipping would be around $15 for one and $20 for both.

speedbyu
10-01-2009, 09:43 AM
Clearview ;)

jmilucky
10-01-2009, 08:06 PM
bought an 8.5 Clearview w/recurve and love it. Was priced lower with the discount for small scratches [I can't see them]. They have some discounted in stock online. The price from Strobe is certainly worth considering. Good hunting.

Jim