PDA

View Full Version : Excuses

unwind2
08-13-2007, 05:09 PM
Although I have two bikes, I have found lately that I keep making excuses as to why I should take the Nomad out each time I go riding.......it doesn't have a fairing so it won't be as hot, other bike missing on mirror haven't put in back on yet etc....excuses and excuses.....poor guzzi.

trip
08-13-2007, 06:05 PM
LOL..... http://s2.images.proboards.com/grin.gif

lw
08-13-2007, 07:44 PM
gee, the guzzi might develop a "Mom always did love you more" complex if you don't watch out.

blowndodge
08-13-2007, 09:15 PM
I've looked at (only looked at people) the Guzzi Norge at the Long Beach convention show. Nice looking ride!

unwind2
08-13-2007, 09:16 PM
lw - poor goose probably has a complex anyway since I had it before I got the Nad. But the goose is more comfy in the winter with the fairing, heated grips etc. I'll make it up to it later. LOL

They are definitely two different distinctive rides.

08-13-2007, 09:29 PM
Before I got my Nomad I lusted after the new Guzzi California Vintage..... it reminded me of my '77 Guzzi V-1000 Convert Police Special I had years ago.... The new Griso looks awesome too for a naked street fighter.... the Norge should steal a few BMW people... maybe... I also had a little Guzzi V-65 SP.. lotta fun... real torquey.. oh well... happy with my Nomad, and I have an '82 Honda V-45 Sabre 750 to play with too....

<marquee>SMITE ME!!!!</marquee>

blowndodge
08-13-2007, 09:38 PM
At first I was real close to getting a BMW 1200 RT. Big money but...... not laided back enough. Got close to a Honda ST1300 Red, fast and smooth but too sporty for my laid back attitude. Saw the Norge and thought this is it! Not a fast bike but nobody is going to show up on one when I go riding and I'll be unique! Saw at the same show the Green/Silver Nomad and got down on one knee and proposed to her. She said yes!

unwind2
08-13-2007, 09:43 PM
Mine is a Cali EV Tour....it really likes the curves but ride it then get on the Nomad it's like going from a four-wheeler out in the field to a cadilac. Plus I have experienced times that having the heavier bike under me was a definate advantage....more seated ? if that's the right description. I do enjoy both bikes.

socwkbiker
08-13-2007, 09:44 PM
Stupid Norge. She should have listened to her friends. http://s2.images.proboards.com/grin.gif

unwind2
08-13-2007, 09:48 PM
The biggist problem with guzzis right now is that they have been sold to Aprilla. Aprilla is big on their scooters and is not sinking any money into the guzzis. I had some recall work done on mine a year and half ago and the dealer tells me Aprilla still has not paid him for the work....says they are back logged...geezzz.

blowndodge
08-13-2007, 09:50 PM
She tried, she really did! But there was that Nomad over in the corner crying out, "hey big boy, whatch doing later on?" It was to easy for her! Norge didn't have a chance although I have thought fondly of her!!

unwind2
08-14-2007, 02:49 AM
blowndodge - Don't you just hate it when you walk through a showroom and a bike calls you. It's like a magnet.