PDA

View Full Version : Back In The Saddle

gofs99
09-13-2009, 09:45 AM
Six weeks after the accident, my girlfriend and I ventured out yesterday for a great day of riding. We headed up to Janesville for a Breast Cancer Sucks poker run. Both of us enjoyed the day and both glad to get out on the bike again.

Greg, There is a ride on Sunday, Sept. 27 where we are going down to White Pines again for the buffet breakfast if you and Kendra are interested. It is a fund raiser for the Advanced Cancer Treatment center here in Rockford, $10/person donation. This is where Ann had her treatments for her breast cancer, so we go every year.

glwilson
09-13-2009, 09:55 AM
Glad to hear you're out and about riding again. I was hoping you would be able to get back on the bike sooner than later... and glad to see Ann wasn't scared too much not to ride again.

I'll write myself a note and see if we can't do that ride. Certainly breakfast was great at White Pines before... and I am always "up" for food!!! Ha!

Seriously though... that sounds like that might be an idea. I have to make sure that date isn't when I have to go to DeKalb for my daughter. I'll get back with you after I get back from a business trip I am heading out on today. I should know by this Thursday if I can pull it off and will let you know.

Any body else out there interested in riding on that date?