PDA

View Full Version : WTB Saddlebag top rails

phenrichs
08-27-2009, 03:52 PM
Does anyone know of a place to get saddlebag top rails that isn't $250? I would like the 4 bar style. I was hoping that the price would go down now that the 09 Nomads are out and those rails will probably get discontinued.

Cheapest I have found are $250.

strobe
08-27-2009, 05:19 PM
A lot of us bought them on ebay from a guy for about $100 - $120 last fall / winter. I checked and no one is listing them anymore, so that guy likely sold out. I don't think they were the Fire and Steel ones but were great copies and the price was a lot better. I would keep checking eBay, maybe he will start listing them again.

trosco
08-28-2009, 09:20 AM
Op I got my current set from JP cycles for $109. They are the shorter ones with one end turned up at about a 30 degree angle. Yes one of these days I will get a more up to date bike pics! It was last spring and they told me they had been discontinued but they had a good supply in the Iowa warehouse. Worth checking if you like my style.
By the way, although everyone tells me mine are on backwards, I mounted them with the turn up to the front. Like the way the look that way and they actually stop you from kicking the bag corner that way.

phenrichs
08-28-2009, 10:31 AM
thanks trosco I will check into that option.