PDA

View Full Version : AZVROC Bike Night this Sat

cactusjack
08-06-2009, 02:33 PM
For the Phoenix area folks, there will be an AZVROC bike night this Saturday 08/08/09 at 6:30 PM at the Original Hamburger Works located on the SEC of 15th Ave and Thomas Rd, right across the street from Phoenix College.

Come by for some great burgers (there's also a bar) and meet some of the VROC people. You don't have to belong to VROC to attend.

I plan to be there, but don't let that keep you away! http://s2.images.proboards.com/grin.gif

dantama
08-06-2009, 04:55 PM
Tell the 4ee's and Tony Drager I said hi, just in case I don't make it :)

cactusjack
08-06-2009, 06:53 PM
Tell the 4ee's and Tony Drager I said hi, just in case I don't make it :)

I'm reasonably sure Tony D will be there, I have only seen Jack a couple of times. They live in Holbrook which is fairly close to the NM state line. It's a long trip for them.

audiogooroo
08-06-2009, 08:56 PM
I want to come :'(

cactusjack
08-06-2009, 10:41 PM
I want to come :'(

Well hop on that green machine and hightail it down here, then!

ells
08-06-2009, 11:52 PM
I'll see if I can make it, but don't hold a spot for me. Sounds fun, and like its about time the Colo guys pull something similar together, maybe a fund raiser Dan's defense, a victory celebration maybe.

cactusjack
08-07-2009, 12:30 AM
I'll see if I can make it, but don't hold a spot for me. Sounds fun, and like its about time the Colo guys pull something similar together, maybe a fund raiser Dan's defense, a victory celebration maybe.

Sure Ells, just pick up Daryl on the way down. Bring Dan too, Sheriff Joe Arpaio would love to meet him, I'm sure. http://s2.images.proboards.com/grin.gif

dantama
08-07-2009, 10:55 AM
Sounds fun, and like its about time the Colo guys pull something similar together, maybe a fund raiser Dan's defense, a victory celebration maybe.

Yes!

Sure Ells, just pick up Daryl on the way down. Bring Dan too, Sheriff Joe Arpaio would love to meet him, I'm sure. http://s2.images.proboards.com/grin.gif

NO!!

cactusjack
08-07-2009, 11:46 AM
Sounds fun, and like its about time the Colo guys pull something similar together, maybe a fund raiser Dan's defense, a victory celebration maybe.

Yes!

NO!!

I can't say I blame you for that.

Jared
08-08-2009, 12:19 PM
I wish I lived a little closer. Sounds like a lot of fun!

cactusjack
08-08-2009, 06:08 PM

It's more fun than cruising State St in Orem. Do they still do that?

audiogooroo
08-11-2009, 10:26 PM
So how was it Scott? Good Time? Any pics?

cactusjack
08-11-2009, 11:43 PM
So how was it Scott? Good Time? Any pics?

Well, I talked Toophun (member here) into going with me. We got to the restaurant and there were a few other people, mostly riding Vulcan 900's, there was a 1700 Classic and a Harley. I had never seen any of these people before. We sat in the bar and had some burgers and talked for awhile.

It was fun, and it was nice to get out of the house for a few hours. I don't ride much at night, and it was 40 miles from the restaurant to my house. It almost cooled down after it got dark and the ride was nice.

Dan - TonyD couldn't make it, he had to work that night.

audiogooroo
08-12-2009, 09:56 AM
Almost cooled down? For you, isn't that anything less than triple digits? :)

cactusjack
08-12-2009, 11:00 AM
Almost cooled down? For you, isn't that anything less than triple digits? :)

We had a "cool spell" last weekend, it was only about 90-95 when we rode home. Normally it would still be well above 100.

We left the restaurant and headed E on Thomas Rd to catch the 51 freeway a few miles up the road. It was very pleasant by the restaurant, but once we hit 7th Ave the temps jumped about 15 degrees as we were now crossing downtown Phoenix. When we reached the east side of downtown at about 12th St, it cooled back down again. The tall buildings really radiate the heat at night. This was the best example I'd ever seen of the "urban heat island effect".

Jared
08-13-2009, 04:53 PM

It's more fun than cruising State St in Orem. Do they still do that?

Yep! I try to stay home on Friday nights. If I do end up on State street, there will almost always be several different groups. They all seem to meet in the university mall parking lot and cruise from Provo mall to the Purple turtle.

dantama
08-13-2009, 09:41 PM
Yep! I try to stay home on Friday nights. If I do end up on State street, there will almost always be several different groups. They all seem to meet in the university mall parking lot and cruise from Provo mall to the Purple turtle.

They should stop at Taco Amigo :)