PDA

View Full Version : NH Oct 1 thru 6

radco
08-03-2009, 04:06 PM
Ill be in NH for the week with a few friends,, We will be staying here
http://www.weirsbeach.com/romeos.html
we have 6 confirmed.. these are the guys from the Sabrehood,, GOOD group.. this place sleep 10/12.. the more that show up the cheaoer the week is.. DAT TRIPPERS welcome if your local.....

Guest speaker will be Mac :).. he just dont know it yet lol... anyone want to meet up let me know.... .We got the house for 900$ US for the week.... We will do a day tour of the Micro Breweries in Vt.. :) and any trips Locals can throw our way.......

If things go well with my house hunting I will have a place for anyone headed north to lay over.. Sheep are extra!!! :)

Rich

nomad561
08-04-2009, 07:23 AM
I'll be in NH from 09/01 - 10-30 working.Maybe I'll get a chance to take off a few days and meet up with you guys.
I haven't decided whether or not I'm bringing the bike with me. Work doesn't allow much free time to ride.

radco
08-04-2009, 08:15 PM
I'll be in NH from 09/01 - 10-30 working.Maybe I'll get a chance to take off a few days and meet up with you guys.
I haven't decided whether or not I'm bringing the bike with me. Work doesn't allow much free time to ride.

That wold be great if you can pop in,,Even in the cage. We will be at the house in the eveningand Im sure severl rides will be short ones.. So if you can pop in I can adjust my ride time.. Ill PM you my cell#.......Rich

nomad561
08-05-2009, 09:41 AM
Workload will be heavy at that time,but I might be ablee to adjust time off to catch up to you guys. I wasn't taking the Nomad But I think I will go nuts without 2 wheels for 2 months so I am reevaluating that decision.

radco
08-05-2009, 04:07 PM
Workload will be heavy at that time,but I might be ablee to adjust time off to catch up to you guys. I wasn't taking the Nomad But I think I will go nuts without 2 wheels for 2 months so I am reevaluating that decision.
Rick either way cage or car give a shout,, we will bust Mac chops,, He is about 20 minutes away ... A few Cold ones on the deck on the lake is a good way to relax :)...... and Oct gets chilly up here,, sometimes frost in the am .. so a set of woolies may be a good item to pack :)......Rich

darthvulcan
08-06-2009, 10:26 AM
...If things go well with my house hinting I will have a place for anyone headed north to lay over.. Sheep are extra!!! :)
Rich

So you're providing the "woolies", Rich? ;)

radco
08-06-2009, 03:19 PM
...If things go well with my house hinting I will have a place for anyone headed north to lay over.. Sheep are extra!!! :)
Rich

So you're providing the "woolies", Rich? ;)

Sheep = wool = woolies.. and Sheep dont say anything,, Pigs on the other hand will squeal on you http://s2.images.proboards.com/shocked.gif
Rich

radco
08-09-2009, 06:34 PM
Bummer no interest! :(

radco
08-12-2009, 04:58 PM
Bump and Grind Bump and Grind
I bet if I promised to wear my Tiger Strip Thong you all would come http://s2.images.proboards.com/shocked.gif

nomad561
08-14-2009, 08:23 AM
Talk about getting "monkey butt"

radco
08-23-2009, 09:24 AM
Massive monkey butt lol...
.... Bummer noboby close to NH is coming :( .. on well !! we have about 7 overnighters, a few day trippers .. This will be my lasy big ride of the season,, maybe for next year as well...the joys of buying a new old house lol........Ride Safe..........Rich

sarge1057
08-25-2009, 07:01 AM
Radco maybe you should have a nomad house fixer-upper party.

radco
08-25-2009, 06:47 PM
Radco maybe you should have a nomad house fixer-upper party.
Sarge That souds like a plan :).. If all goes well Ill have 3 BR and 2.4 Acres.. so we can have a BIG party LOL......

fish
08-26-2009, 02:38 AM
you don't need 2.4 acres to have a party, just a picnic table under a tree will do :)

radco
08-26-2009, 05:03 AM
you don't need 2.4 acres to have a party, just a picnic table under a tree will do :)
Yea your right, BUT a BIG Table LOL.......I had to chuckle when I got he house info,, 2.4 + or - not 2 1/2 acres + or -
makes me think of the line from the census report, families have 2.3 kids :)
must be easier to split a acre then a kid lol......

sarge1057
08-26-2009, 06:15 AM
we could put up a lot of tents on 2.4 acres.

radco
08-26-2009, 05:34 PM
we could put up a lot of tents on 2.4 acres.
Sarge, about 1acre has trees but still alot of room for tents. :) a BIG basement can hold alot of cots :).. BUT first I need the owner to get off his butt and give my the papers so I can give to the bank....The house is no palace just a small cape ,,BUT hopefully will be mine :) Rich

sarge1057
08-26-2009, 07:03 PM
Good luck with it, I'm sure it will all work out in the end.

macmac
09-07-2009, 06:58 PM
I just found this thread http://s2.images.proboards.com/grin.gif.....

Yeah I plan to be around some... Drop on over there to the weirs. I know the place by sight only.

Hard telling what guys might need to stay warm and while day time temps are fine after the sun goes down things tend to be dark, which tends to be colder.

NH is a lid free state for those over 18 years, but you will want that lid come night time.

Desertdawgs or any brand of bar covers will be nice too. Multiple layers is the key to being toasty here. You will want chaps and longies for sartin, and I wear down vests under my jacket and in cooler weathers a face mask.

Gauntlett gloves are a plus even if they are not lined with much.

Probabley well before that hard frosts will have started. You can expect to find a icey bike if you don't have coveres.

From that house to contact me just build a big smokey fire, and wave a blanket over it! http://s2.images.proboards.com/grin.gif

Looking out the ft door on that place you will see some of my mountains. Their mine!

I live on the other side of them, an easy ride to there.

If anyone has any mc problems we can look into it easy. Getting any parts all that fast coiuld be a problem.

Anyone that shows up over there is welcomed over here too.

If there is any need of over flow and tent camping works there is a nice mowed field here and you can park the bike right next to your tent, or in a shed maybe, depending on how much you like wasps.

The garden should be harvested by then, so not much danger of wild raccoons getting you.

Wandering Nomad where away in this state are you going to be? I assume one of the larger cities manch, Concord or Portsmouth.

If you get any needs send me a pm.

I take it a personal thing that when anyone comes here to NH and doesn't take a day to see what is just North of me as a bad sign...

No one should come here and not at least see the Kanc....

The last weekend in Sept I will be at a primitive event open for free to the public Fri, Sat and Sun.. Fri and Sat are the best 2 days, as on Sunday everyone including me is packin it up to go home.

The event is called Muster in the Mountains. This is a 1750's to 1840 event, in Randolf NH.

The location is easy to get to. It is off Rt 2 on the Gorham / Randolf line.

There on the big hill and it is a big hill there is one turn to the North, meaning that if you get on Rt 2 riding east that turn is a left, visa versa riding to the west.

The road i believe is called Cresent, but even if i am wrong take that only road at the top of the hill North. It goes aways and turns sharply left on paved road. You go some more and come to a real old and nice farm house with a big barn on the right side, and will see more cars parked out back than would ever be normal. (30 to 50 pickups and vans)

Ride on out there and you will see camps. Mine would be the one with more sticks out the top than any other.

Anyone who does can stay with me in my lodge with my wife and I will feed you. You can borrow something to wear to blend if you stay over a night too.

i know enough folks that I can borrow stuff if mine is too small.

radco
09-07-2009, 07:11 PM
I just found this thread http://s2.images.proboards.com/grin.gif.....

Yeah I plan to be around some... Drop on over there to the weirs. I know the place by sight only.

Hard telling what guys might need to stay warm and while day time temps are fine after the sun goes down things tend to be dark, which tends to be colder.

NH is a lid free state for those over 18 years, but you will want that lid come night time.

Desertdawgs or any brand of bar covers will be nice too. Multiple layers is the key to being toasty here. You will want chaps and longies for sartin, and I wear down vests under my jacket and in cooler weathers a face mask.

Gauntlett gloves are a plus even if they are not lined with much.

Probabley well before that hard frosts will have started. You can expect to find a icey bike if you don't have coveres.

From that house to contact me just build a big smokey fire, and wave a blanket over it! http://s2.images.proboards.com/grin.gif

Looking out the ft door on that place you will see some of my mountains. Their mine!

I live on the other side of them, an easy ride to there.

If anyone has any mc problems we can look into it easy. Getting any parts all that fast coiuld be a problem.

Anyone that shows up over there is welcomed over here too.

If there is any need of over flow and tent camping works there is a nice mowed field here and you can park the bike right next to your tent, or in a shed maybe, depending on how much you like wasps.

The garden should be harvested by then, so not much danger of wild raccoons getting you.

Wandering Nomad where away in this state are you going to be? I assume one of the larger cities manch, Concord or Portsmouth.

If you get any needs send me a pm.

I take it a personal thing that when anyone comes here to NH and doesn't take a day to see what is just North of me as a bad sign...

No one should come here and not at least see the Kanc....

The last weekend in Sept I will be at a primitive event open for free to the public Fri, Sat and Sun.. Fri and Sat are the best 2 days, as on Sunday everyone including me is packin it up to go home.

The event is called Muster in the Mountains. This is a 1750's to 1840 event, in Randolf NH.

The location is easy to get to. It is off Rt 2 on the Gorham / Randolf line.

There on the big hill and it is a big hill there is one turn to the North, meaning that if you get on Rt 2 riding east that turn is a left, visa versa from the west.

The road i believe is called Cresent, but even if i am wrong take that only road at the top of the hill North. It goes aways and turns sharply left on paved road. You go some more and come to a real old and nice farm house with a big barn on the right side, and will see more cars parked out back than would ever be normal. (30 to 50 pickups and vans)

Ride on out there and you will see camps. Mine would be the one with more sticks out the top than any other.

Anyone who does can stay with me in my lodge with my wife and I will feed you. You can borrow something to wear to blend if you stay over a night too.

i know enough folks that I can borrow stuff if mine is too small.

Mac some good info.. Ive been to Weirs 2 years in a row in Oct and YES frost is on the bikes LOL.. I will have my woolies,Gauntler Gloves and mask, I ride w/ a helmet year round.. 1/2 helmet mst time, 3/4 others,, My son has my full face.. That I am hapy that he is using it,, so worth the loss lol.. The Kanc is a MUST.. ridden that several times.. allways a GREAT ride.1 year it was under construction.. that sucked...... We will hook up while there.....Jim and I are planning to drop in.Hope you can make a ride or 2 with us...... If I can find my tach I may have you hook it up if you have time,, dont know where I put it lol........Rich

macmac
09-07-2009, 08:24 PM
Well as i said I'll be around.. Anyone with you is welcome... Jim should know how to get here.. He has other contact info too.

There is more roads than just the kanc.. lots more, but i don't know Vt well. I have some friends there, but don't just ride there for kicks, while a ride for kicks might well get me into Vt.

The leaf peepers will be out in force, but i need not tell you what that non-sence is like. Be sure to let the others know all there is about leaf peepers! http://s2.images.proboards.com/angry.gif:(" title=">:(" border="0"/>

Sure I can hook up that tach if you can find it and the papers that go with it.

Sure is coolin off fast.... betcha first snow is last snow to melt again this winter.

The Muster and some visitin' with you guys us it for playin and me this year. I got chores up to about here, before the snow flies..

radco
09-10-2009, 03:09 PM
Mac COOL Beans :).. We should be able to connect.. I found the Tach, and if I have time Ill install it and run the wire to the bucket and hook up lights,, so all we will need to do is take off or raise the tank to get to the coil.. I never had this tank off before....Rich

macmac
09-11-2009, 10:24 AM
Why doncha just wait, and we can lift that tank right off of there... So far as I know a tach isn't a heavy draw, and can be switched On with anything that is key switched on with the key.

The tack needs power on , a ground of course, a pick up off coil #1, and that's it..

Then depending on how it is wired there might be another wire for internal illumination, and maybe another if this thing does colors and magic..

Be sure to bring masking tape too, to put on the bloomin thing http://s2.images.proboards.com/grin.gif Ain't no sence payin mind to that thing, with leaf peepers around, that you MUST pay mind too!

Just about the time you glance down at your new toy, one of them peepers will friggin stop dead center in the road!

You don't even wanna know HOW I know!

radco
09-11-2009, 03:30 PM
we get the peepers up here as well.. They suck all most as bad as yard sale shoppers..some of those assbags stop DEAD in the road like they are the only ones,, ask me how I know http://s2.images.proboards.com/shocked.gif amazing how well I can move the Nomad when my butt cheeks are stuck to the saddle lol

macmac
09-22-2009, 01:42 PM
yeah I know that feeling.... The leaves ain't there yet either. late i guess, they are working upto a display and a 1/2 this year i think.... That will kill us all if it peaks when you guys are here. The fryberg maine fair starts Oct 4th too, that'll make for hellish road conditions near it.

Forget Rt 302 east of fryberg! it just sucks with road work and the bridges are cut up and you slam into a frigging wall where the steel expansion joints are.

The Highway Dept has these painted frigging orange!!!!! And they want money for inspection? Hell I spent that on suspention problems the frigging roads made!

macmac
10-02-2009, 08:01 AM
Anyone know if Radco stuck to the plan? I will head over that way and see fer my ol' self some time today.

This morning was brisk at 34 degrees.. 60ish now in brght sun http://s2.images.proboards.com/grin.gif

radco
10-06-2009, 12:41 PM
Anyone know if Radco stuck to the plan? I will head over that way and see fer my ol' self some time today.

This morning was brisk at 34 degrees.. 60ish now in brght sun http://s2.images.proboards.com/grin.gif
Bill It was GREAT to finally meet you.. Even with it being a tad chilly we did have some GREAT rides, THANKS, See you soon,,,,Rich

radco
10-11-2009, 08:14 PM
Thanks, I hope to put a few more pics up when I get off my butt lol. Hopefully Flavor post some of his pics!!