PDA

View Full Version : Sad Anniversary

trip
07-22-2009, 09:25 AM
Got the news 1 year ago today about Chuck Burt.

RIP Chuck!

Trip

Cajunrider
07-22-2009, 10:22 AM
Amen.

kioti
07-22-2009, 12:08 PM
Yes a sad anniversary.
I had spent several hours visiting with Chuck in Coos Bay and I too was on my way home.
Received a call with the bad news in Twin Falls, ID.
I think about him often, what a great individual.

RIP Chuck!

lw
07-22-2009, 12:27 PM
Chuck's memory evokes warm thoughts of good times with great friends. Rest in Peace Brother.

http://inlinethumb02.webshots.com/42945/2468667480099960035S600x600Q85.jpg

pirate
07-22-2009, 12:50 PM
Wow, that was a fast year. RIP, Chuck.

ells
07-22-2009, 03:44 PM
Just the title of the thread was enough to send the chills down my back as I realized the occasion. RIP Chuck.

ringadingh
07-22-2009, 04:24 PM
Wow the year has gone by so fast, I still remember sitting with him in Elkins last year, Its strange but I was just thinking of him yesterday. Im so glad I had the opportunity to meet him.

audiogooroo
07-22-2009, 07:40 PM
_/\_

kawgirl
07-22-2009, 08:02 PM
What a wonderful person and friend. I got the chance to meet and talk with him in Elkins as well. He was the type who knew no stranger and was a friend to all. RIP.

coacha
07-22-2009, 08:49 PM
Chuck was taken from us much too soon but won't be soon forgotten. Rest in peace and ride with the wind.

nomadliz
07-22-2009, 10:23 PM
Chuck, A gentleman and friend to all, I truly miss him, Was very sad day for watchman and I. Had visited with him not much more than 24 hours before his passing in coos bay... Rip Chuck

dhomoney
07-23-2009, 10:21 PM
I don't think I ever talked with the man as he died just before I got into this crazy lifestyle, but I read his entire trip report and all the stuff posted about him. Hard to believe he made that entire trip and was killed so close to home. I may not have known him, but feel like I do, I hope he has his Nomad the way he likes it up there and the roads are clear and waypoints full of friends. RIP brotha.

AlabamaNomadRider
07-23-2009, 11:21 PM
I have only been a member since July 7, so I didn't have the pleasure of getting to know him. But sure hate to hear of anyone's untimely death. Could someone send me a message and let me know what happened. Rest in Peace.

AlabamaNomadRider
07-29-2009, 10:31 PM
David Homeney sent me three links so I was able to read about the tragic accident that took Chuck's life. Really terrible and a very sad day indeed. I feel now that I know Chuck through the tribute that the Texas Vulcan riders did for him. I sure wish I could have gotten to know him. He seemed like a wonderful guy. Rest in peace Chuck and may Jesus hold you close.

blowndodge
07-30-2009, 11:12 AM
Trip, I remember sitting at my office when you called me. When I found the news online I was sick to my stomach! I'll never forget that day.

Although I'd never met the man, Todd's and your comments on him and posting about knowing and/or meeting him made me feel so sad.

I would have loved to have met him in Custer this year.... damit!!

RIP Chuck.

socwkbiker
07-30-2009, 09:33 PM
RIP my friend. You are truly missed.

oldbikers
07-31-2009, 09:19 PM
I talked with him some on the forum just sorry I never had the chance to meet him. RIP

wompus
10-17-2009, 04:31 PM
Chuck was one of my best friends.
I have a picture of us together here on the top of my desk.
His last post was wishing me a happy birthday and a safe trip back from Coose Bay when he had his accident. It just isn't the same at a rally when he isn't there.

He had this great altitude about people, and he could always find something good to say about anyone! He was probably one of the kindest fellows I have ever known.
He loved any rally we ever went to... millage didn't concern him one bit.. he'd be there!

I sure do miss him...... :'(

blowndodge
01-14-2010, 04:28 PM
Sorry to hear that WOMPUS. I could feel your hurt reading this.

God seems to bring the good ones home a little too early ;(

AlabamaNomadRider
01-14-2010, 08:38 PM
Guess the Texas Riders will have the second annual Chuck Burt Memorial Ride this July. I made the first run last July and it was a great experience being able to ride with the Texas guys and seeing Chuck's brick at Luchenbach.

blowndodge
01-16-2010, 11:14 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F7OtImq5JD4&NR=1

oledawg
01-17-2010, 07:59 AM
I met Chuck briefly in Elkins and would probably never have gotten to know him if not for his untimely death. At the Elkins Rally when I met him, I was amazed at how this smiling guy who rode in from Texas was so quiet and easy going. I found it hard to believe this guy rode to so many places and covered so many miles. He did not strike me as the kind of guy,that by looking at him could jump on a Bike and ride thousands of miles without any fanfare. I've come to find out that indeed Chuck was a Real Motorcycle Rider in every sense. He truly loved the open road and his fellow Riders. What an impact he left on all he touched. He certainly is amongst those who have left a positive impact in and on the Motorcycling community. ;)

"REST IN PEACE CHUCK"

poppy
01-24-2010, 06:05 PM
I only know Chuck from the postings here from people who did know him. I wish I had met him since he was obviously a great guy and a special human!

AlabamaNomadRider
05-24-2010, 09:09 PM
Just watched the video that Brad (BlownDodge) posted. I had seen it before but felt compelled to watch it again. The news lady said he was being buried in North Carolina. I thought he was a Texan but guess he was from North Carolina originally and lived in Texas at the time of his death.

It is almost the second anniversary of Chuck's untimely death. Just thought I would do a post here and bump it to the top so others can see it that might have missed it. Be sure and watch the video that Brad posted.

Rest in peace Chuck.

lw
07-22-2010, 01:36 AM
Chuck Burt - The "Eternal Nomad"

Though you were called home two years ago, your memory is still fresh in the hearts of those who were fortunate to call you friend.

AlabamaNomadRider
07-22-2010, 08:50 AM
Hard to believe it has been two years Larry. I thought I would be able to make it out for his memorial ride this weekend but it hasn't worked out for me. Made the initial ride last year but will be missing this year. Maybe I can make it next year. Rest in peace Chuck.