PDA

View Full Version : Kawasaki grips?

shnyroq
01-28-2008, 01:50 PM
I know the Kury Iso grips are the most popular, but does anyone have the Kaw ribbed grips? They look nice and I'd like to be a little different, but would appreciate any comments...

SHNYROQ

Idaho
01-28-2008, 09:09 PM
I have not seen the Kawi ribbed grips. One reason the Kury grips are favored is the larger diameter of the grips. Can't stand the skinny stock grips. Do you know if the ribbed Kaw grips are any larger in diameter?

oldbiker
01-29-2008, 10:27 AM
They put the ribbed grips on the 08 Nomad at the bike show in Atlanta. They felt a little bigger, but there's a lot of chrome on them. I've got the ISO grips on my 04 and on the wing and the only negative is , after awhile they will make your palms turn black. The ribbed grips looked great , just felt different.

dantama
01-29-2008, 10:37 AM
They put the ribbed grips on the 08 Nomad at the bike show in Atlanta. They felt a little bigger, but there's a lot of chrome on them. I've got the ISO grips on my 04 and on the wing and the only negative is , after awhile they will make your palms turn black. The ribbed grips looked great , just felt different.

On my 99 I replaced the stock grips with the ISO grips because the stock ones were making my hands black.

The ISO's did the same thing.

I usually use gloves, but there are times in the summer when it's a 100 degrees, and I'm going just up the road to a restaurant or something, and I would go with no gloves, except for my hands will be black when I get there.

I'll stick with stock ones I think, so if anyone takes a pair of stock ones off that are in new condition, send them my way, I've got a nick in one of mine.

ds06nomad
01-29-2008, 10:38 AM
I have the "flamed" Kury grips on order. Had the ISO's before and like them for comfort. Also had the "throttle stub" (or whatever it's called) on the ISO's. Wasn't overly thrilled with it and have switched to the black, plastic "rocker" for wrist relief this time. Will see what, if any, difference that makes.

The ISO's were very comfortable though, probably a major reason why "everybody's got em".

I'll chime in with my $.02 worth of the "flamed grips" once they're on and I've ridden with them a bit.

DS

shnyroq
01-29-2008, 10:53 AM
I had the Iso's on my Shadow and did like them, but just wanted to be a little different. Besides, I figure the Kaw ones should be pretty well made at least... I guess I'll try them out and let everyone else know then. I hadn't thought about the diameter before, but I'll try to find out.

SHNYROQ

shnyroq
01-31-2008, 11:54 AM
Never mind, I found a great deal on the Kury flamed grips Daryl's talking about and I ordered those... we'll see.

SHNYROQ

jussmatt
01-31-2008, 02:11 PM
I had the ISO's on my Shadow too... but since I've got the Kury Flamin' Switchblade Highway pegs...I'll get the flamin grips to match. I've seen them a couple of times and they're comfortable...just havn't bought them yet.... How much did you get your's for shnyroq & DS?

shnyroq
01-31-2008, 03:51 PM
I found them on ebay for $52 with free UPS shipping. It was listed for a Victory, but the part number is the same (6261 I believe). Just search for "Kuryakyn flame grips" and find the best price.

jussmatt
01-31-2008, 04:30 PM
Thx...I usually live on ebay...so I'll find em. Thx!!

ds06nomad
01-31-2008, 10:03 PM
OK, the "flamed" Kury grips are on. They're good, but the ISO's are better; more comfortable since they have the rubber poking through in more places than do the flamed grips.

I did notice that my bike is a tad bit faster now, probably due to the grips being cut in a "flame" pattern ::)

LOL,
Daryl

spirello
02-08-2008, 03:36 PM
AS FOR THE PROBLEM OF BLACK GETTING ON YOUR HANDS. TRY CLEANING WITH RUBBING ALCOHOL. WORKS PRETTY WELL.

dantama
02-08-2008, 03:55 PM
AS FOR THE PROBLEM OF BLACK GETTING ON YOUR HANDS. TRY CLEANING WITH RUBBING ALCOHOL. WORKS PRETTY WELL.

Thanks for the tip