PDA

View Full Version : Who is Home and When?

waterman
06-19-2009, 06:24 PM
As Trip and I parted ways today, we talked about a thread for those who went to Custer. Please post that you made it home and when so we know you are safe and sound.

I made it home today (6/19). It was a long haul ::) but I did it.

kioti
06-19-2009, 06:41 PM
We rolled in At 5:00 PM central time.
WOW what a great rally!
We did not make the banquet last night because one of my Devil's Tower riders decided to walk the path around Devil's Tower and then we got pounded by rain all the way back to Custer.
I was more than a little pissed.
Went thru Custer State Park this morning and there were 2 buffalo laying down in the event tent. . . . .Must have been a hell of a party.

GREAT seeing you again Waterman

ells
06-19-2009, 06:50 PM
Just got in 5:00PM, 1496 miles total, round trip. Left the Bavarian at 8:15AM, split from Trip's group headed for Burlington,CO at Sidney NB, Ballast last seen in Sidney headed for Pueblo, CO, left Dan behind somewhere near Bridgeport NB taking pictures, Waterman got off at Sterling, CO and I waved goodbye to Pronghorn at I-76 and Colo 52.

It was a great time and was so good to meet so many of the group. There will be a flood of pics and stories I'm sure. I haven't yet checked the blogs to see how much info is coming in. Didn't have access all week.

Would be good to see if there were any significant mechanical problems encountered by anyone getting home, there didn't seem to be any getting there or during the rally. What great bikes! Turned a lot of heads to see so many Nomads together.

Cajunrider
06-19-2009, 06:50 PM
I'm not meaning to hijack this thread but I just want to let you all know that Trip, SWB, Wanderer, Oldbikers, and Darlene and I made it to Burlington CO. We are cleaning up and will walk across the street to the steakhouse within the next hour. We are pleased to see that Waterman, Kioti, and Ells made it home safe and sound. If we have access to a computer tomorrow night, we'll let you all know that we made it safe and sound to Clinton, OK. Thanks.

Mitch

cyclecat
06-19-2009, 07:20 PM
Haven't made it home yet. We made a little side trip to Red Lodge Montana, south of Billings, and are going to ride the Bear Tooth Highway tomorrow. One of the passes is almost 11,000 feet high so we should run into snow if it starts raining and the forecast is calling for afternoon thundershowers; just can't get away from the rain.

blowndodge
06-19-2009, 07:31 PM
Cactus Jack and I made it to Green River Wyoming about 450miles. Still about 900 left. All is safe so far!

dougster
06-19-2009, 07:58 PM
I got home to Crete, Nebraska today at 3:00 pm (CST). The weather threatened rain, but I didn't get rained on. The weather was great the whole trip. I did somewhere around 1300 miles total this week.

On a side note: Ten miles from home, I went to turn around on the highway, and got off on the shoulder (dirt). It had previously poured before I came through. Well, you can guess what happened. As I went along the shoulder, expecting to get back on the road, the mud was slick and I went down, and got thrown off the bike. Thankfully, I was going very slow, so no damage done, just a dirty bike. God was gracious.

I am praying for you all to get home safely.

dantama
06-19-2009, 08:03 PM
It was only 400 miles to get back to Denver, and I got here at 5:15. As Ells said, I peeled off to ride alone so I could stop and take pictures. I stopped and got gas right under their noses while they were eating lunch, but didn't know they were there.

If I had known, I would have stopped and said a proper good bye.

I don't know how it is for the rest of you, but heading to the rally I was excited and looking forward to the rally and it seemed like the ride up was a breeze (perhaps the Wyoming part was windy as hell, not a breeze :) ) The ride home felt twice as long. But now I'm cleaned up, eating pizza and having a beer in my own home :)

kioti
06-19-2009, 08:05 PM
Haven't made it home yet. We made a little side trip to Red Lodge Montana, south of Billings, and are going to ride the Bear Tooth Highway tomorrow. One of the passes is almost 11,000 feet high so we should run into snow if it starts raining and the forecast is calling for afternoon thundershowers; just can't get away from the rain.

Sorry we missed you CycleCat I really wanted to say Howdy while in Custer.

Ride safe for the return home

watchman
06-19-2009, 08:34 PM
I got home about 1:00 pm, Rick about 1 hour later. We made the trip without riding in any rain but couldn't say the same about the heat. The bike is on the lift getting ready to remove the broken rear header pipe from the V & H Baggers. Thanks to Rick, some pop cans, hose clamps and bailing wire we got home without too much trouble. I got the bike unpacked just in time to help take the front end off of the son's 05 Dodge. His parts had arrived to make the repairs from hitting a deer a couple of weeks ago. Installed the new parts, had supper and here I am. After a good nights sleep, tomorrow I start on the bike. I also need to replace the front and rear tires, make repairs to my stereo and driving lights. Seems like everything went to pieces all at once. I hope everyone makes it home or where ever they are heading safely.

audiogooroo
06-19-2009, 08:58 PM
Made it home at 1:30 this afternoon.

cyclecat
06-19-2009, 11:06 PM
Hey Kioti. Kept trying to find you and never did. Sorry to have missed you. Hope to see you at a Kawanow or VROC rally sometime soon.

cactusjack
06-19-2009, 11:14 PM
Haven't made it home yet, 2 days of riding left. BD and I are in Green River, WY for the night (180 miles E of Salt Lake City. We rode about 450 miles today, the last 120 on I-80 with a stiff headwind.

Weather was nice all day, except for the wind. A storm is moving into Salt Lake City from Nevada tomorrow, so we are going to be on the road at 06:00 to try to get through the Salt Lake area before it hits.

waterman
06-20-2009, 07:19 AM
We rolled in At 5:00 PM central time.
WOW what a great rally!
We did not make the banquet last night because one of my Devil's Tower riders decided to walk the path around Devil's Tower and then we got pounded by rain all the way back to Custer.
I was more than a little pissed.
Went thru Custer State Park this morning and there were 2 buffalo laying down in the event tent. . . . .Must have been a hell of a party.

GREAT seeing you again Waterman

Kioti,

Glad to see you again. Let's not make it so long next time.

phenrichs
06-20-2009, 08:40 AM
We are still in Custer. Staying through next Wednesday. Sorry I didn't get to meet everyone. My wife has been feeling a little under the weather and has limited our getting about.
I got a trailer rented to haul the nomad home cause she isn't sure about driving alone.

Wish I could have made the group rides but I will never forget sitting on the deck at the Bavarian and chatting with folks.
Kioti I feel really foolish for not getting to meet you in person considering we only live a few miles from each other and stayed in the same motel in Custer.

Idaho
06-20-2009, 08:53 AM
I made it home last night at 10pm, just under 700 miles and 15 hours in the saddle. Decided to cut through the SE corner of Yellowstone on the way home. That mountain range on the east side of Yellowstone from Cody, Wyoming is HUGE. Route 16 through Wyoming is cut through some amazing country. Bike ran flawlessly. You all are great people. Thanks for a wonderful time. Hard to believe it is over.

kioti
06-20-2009, 11:18 AM
OP,
Hope the wife is feeling better.
I was in room 6 at the Mile Hi.

We will get together sometime soon.

ponch
06-20-2009, 01:11 PM
Nice meeting you Idaho.

I made it home last night at 10pm, just under 700 miles and 15 hours in the saddle. Decided to cut through the SE corner of Yellowstone on the way home. That mountain range on the east side of Yellowstone from Cody, Wyoming is HUGE. Route 16 through Wyoming is cut through some amazing country. Bike ran flawlessly. You all are great people. Thanks for a wonderful time. Hard to believe it is over.

landman
06-20-2009, 04:30 PM
made it home friday with no problems.took kind of the long way home via nebraska and still only posted 267 miles from custer
to wheatland.i have a feeling i may be traveling a bit further to
the next rally.

pronghorn
06-20-2009, 05:52 PM
Hi Everybody Carol and I made it home at 5PM after waving Goodbye to Ells. We really enjoyed the Rally and all the great folks. We hadn't met anyone when we left home on Monday and now we have a bunch of new freinds. Of course being the oldest you will have to keep in touch so I don't forget you.

cactusjack
06-20-2009, 06:49 PM
BD and I made it to Hurricane, UT (near Zion NP). We fought stiff head and crosswinds and rain all the way down I-15 for nearly 300 miles. The wind was so strong it was slowing me down on a 5% downgrade at 75 MPH.

We both have about 450 miles to get to our respective homes tomorrow.

NOTE: Utah has 2 stretches of I-15 where they are testing an 80 MPH speed limit. Didn't do me any good, I couldn't go that fast pulling my trailer in that wind.

elkhunter
06-20-2009, 07:59 PM
To All:

Made it home Tonight, Saturday 6-20-09 at 8:00 Eastern Time. We left the Rocket Motel at 6:00AM and rode about 835 miles by the GPS. (it's always longer the way I go) stopped for the night and finished up tonight at 8:00pm eastern time. Total miles by GPS is 1500 miles. Wrong turns and detours don't count. Total for the week was a little over 4,100 miles.

Elk Hunter and Tweety

roadman
06-20-2009, 08:13 PM
Made it home today,Saturday 6/20/09 at 1:30 pm central time.
The wife and i had a great time,total round trip miles was 1844 miles :)

Cajunrider
06-20-2009, 08:25 PM
Trip, SWB, and Cajunrider are in Clinton, OK. We rolled about 450 miles today most of it in heavy rain. Not a good riding day to say the least. We parted with Wanderer about an hour before we arrived here. Gene should be arriving home soon.

Netnorske
06-20-2009, 08:57 PM
Tricia and I are currently in Butte, MT for the night after running the Beartooth Highway today and thru northern Yellowstone. The weather from Billings thru Red Lodge and over the Beartooth Pass was absolutely fabulous... http://s2.images.proboards.com/cool.gif!

I got a great photo (will post it later) with me and her, the Nomad, the pass sign showing the elevation (10,947 I think) and what I assumed to be the Rockies about 100 miles in the distance... http://s2.images.proboards.com/shocked.gif http://s2.images.proboards.com/shocked.gif ! The Beartooth is one incredible road and everyone should include it on their bucket list as a must do ride... http://s2.images.proboards.com/grin.gif http://s2.images.proboards.com/grin.gif. It is beyond breathtaking, not to mention very challenging and is one of the most awesome motorcycle roads you could ever possibly ride!

Once in Jellystone...the weather got spotty and from Gardiner to Butte we got pretty well pounded with rain. Two more days ride to get home on Monday. Still having a blast! Will post more later....

Kris

waterman
06-20-2009, 10:45 PM
Terrebonne,

Figured you gents were getting it pretty good with rain by radar. Stay safe.

jastearns
06-21-2009, 10:59 AM
Dale and I made it home about 4:30 p.m. on Saturday. The Nomad went about 2030 miles total over the week and it also went over 10,000 on the way home. Dale rode about 1300 miles total on her 900 and I'm proud of her as she has only been riding a month. It was beautiful on Friday and Saturday without a drop of rain.

blowndodge
06-21-2009, 01:29 PM
BD is home. 3,288 miles later............ http://s2.images.proboards.com/grin.gif

wanderer
06-21-2009, 05:18 PM
I got home at 8:30 pm on Saturday (6/20). 2646 miles for the trip. I had a great time.

jmorrow
06-21-2009, 05:28 PM
Annette and I made it home at 4:30 pm on Sunday 5/21/09. Total round trip miles was 2,945. Left Grand Island, NE Saturday morning weather was nice, but soon as we got into Kansas the rain started, we made it to lawrence, KS. about 3:30 and called it a day and finished the trip Sunday.

trip
06-21-2009, 05:48 PM
Made it home today (Sunday) at about 5:20pm. Dropped off SWB in the Dallas area and Terre_bonne and Darlene followed me to Lindale.

More on this later, but I want everyone to know that I am a much better person after meeting and riding with you all. I really enjoyed the rally and I really, really enjoyed the Black Hills.

Trip

unwind2
06-21-2009, 06:02 PM
Annette and I made it home at 4:30 pm on Sunday 5/21/09. Total round trip miles was 2,945. Left Grand Island, NE Saturday morning weather was nice, but soon as we got into Kansas the rain started, we made it to lawrence, KS. about 3:30 and called it a day and finished the trip Sunday.

Well Crap....Ken and I stayed in Grand Island NE Fri night too! Yep we hit the rain....stopped at Columbia MO for the night sat and got into Dyersburg TN 5pm Sunday to 96 temp and heat warning. http://s2.images.proboards.com/tongue.gif

Enjoyed seeing folks met last year at Eastern Rally and meeting others have only chatted with here on the KawaNOW Forum. Great rally....thanks Trip and all the organizers, ride leaders for all you did.

A little over 3200 round trip - that DOES count going in a circle trying to find Rt 2 detour route in Lincoln NE.

cactusjack
06-21-2009, 06:28 PM
I just walked in the door about 30 minutes ago. The last 120 miles or so were miserable. I'll tally the miles later and post them, but I think I did about 450 today. Got some great pictures along the way today, and I'll add them to my CJ's Custer Adventures thread.

Netnorske
06-21-2009, 09:53 PM
Tricia and I woke up in Butte, MT this morning and decided we really wanted to sleep in our own bed tonight. Given that, we pounded Interstate 90 westbound for 600 miles today and got home around 6:00 pm this evening....3094 miles door to door (including all the side trips). The bike never missed a beat...even as I pushed hard for home at about 80 mph for long extended periods of time. What a machine!

The trip to Custer this week was most definitely one of the coolest things I have done in a long time. It was fun meeting everyone and putting faces to names. It will bring us all closer as we move forward from here.

Thanks Trip for the great planning (and the cigar... ;)).

Idaho
06-21-2009, 10:47 PM
Tricia and I woke up in Butte, MT this morning and decided we really wanted to sleep in our own bed tonight. Given that, we pounded Interstate 90 westbound for 600 miles today and got home around 6:00 pm this evening....3094 miles door to door (including all the side trips). The bike never missed a beat...even as I pushed hard for home at about 80 mph for long extended periods of time. What a machine!

The trip to Custer this week was most definitely one of the coolest things I have done in a long time. It was fun meeting everyone and putting faces to names. It will bring us all closer as we move forward from here.

Thanks Trip for the great planning (and the cigar... ;)).

Wow, 600 miles in one day is easy for the driver, can not imagine what it would be like in the pillion seat. Tricia deserves an Iron
Butt award for that effort. Nice to know you made it home.

rickyboy
06-21-2009, 10:58 PM
I just wanted to say that I arrived home in Langley today at about 5:30 PM. from Missoula.
900 km = 559.234 mi.
OR 559 mi. and 411.9 yd
I have a lot to say about the rally, but right now?......Judy and I have some catching up to do...if you know what I mean. G'night !

cyclecat
06-22-2009, 07:29 AM
Fantastic ride over the Beartooth on Saturday, until the rain started. Did a 200 mile loop from Red Lodge, over the pass and back to Red Lodge. Got almost back to Red Lodge when the the storm hit; lightning, thunder, pouring rain, and then the hail. Got caught out in the middle of nowhere when the storm hit and watched lightning hit about 100 yards away from me in the field. Never been that close to lightning and thought for sure I'd been hit; the thunder noise was so loud I thought my eardrums had broke. Drove the 480 miles home yesterday, mostly in the rain, and we got home Sunday afternoon at 4:30.

It was great to meet everyone and put faces to the names I see on the forum. Most times, it hard to tell who people are by looking at the pics on the forum because the pics are too small or everyone is geared up with helmets on. Great rally! :-*

duke98248
06-22-2009, 08:00 AM
Made it home last evening around 5 PM after a long days ride from Missoula. Saturday was a long haul in the rain from Billings to Missoula and BigJohn and I were both beat. I'll leave it to him to discribe Fridays events.
MaMa Nature gave us a final taste of weather as we came down the pass into North Bend, (just a few miles from home for me).. The hardest rain we had encountered on the trip and traffic that looked like there was a free give-away at the mint up the road.......
Safe - sound - tired and looking forward to my Granddaughters birthday party this afternoon.

ballast
06-22-2009, 08:12 AM
http://s2.images.proboards.com/cool.gifI am safe through to Los Alamos NM. Had a great visit with a friend from 30 yrs ago. Off to Prescott AZ today for a 26 yr reunion. Won't be home till next friday or saturday.

schoeney
06-22-2009, 08:19 AM
Glad to see all you made it home safe ....hey Charlie...be safe out there....you must be delivering my mail!

jestephens
06-22-2009, 08:40 AM
My Dad and I (Dell and Jay) made it back home in good time. We pulled in to his driveway Saturday at 5:30 pm CST, and I left there Sunday morning, getting myself home at 1:30 pm CST. I clocked in a just under 3000 miles round trip. ;0)

bigjohn
06-22-2009, 09:14 AM
As Trip and I parted ways today, we talked about a thread for those who went to Custer. Please post that you made it home and when so we know you are safe and sound.

I made it home today (6/19). It was a long haul ::) but I did it.

BigJohn checking in here. Pulled the 2K, Trailer and myself into the drive way last evening (Sunday) at about 5:30 PM. I see that Kris has already checked in. I parted ways with Duke just north or Issaquah at about 4:00.

Duke and I went our own ways from Kris and company at the Little Big Horn. We planed on running into Lewiston, MT. Didn't even make it to Butte and I had a flat on the trailer, had to wait for AAA to come and get it and haul the rig to Billings. WallyWorld fixed it in minutes. Duke and I spent the night in Billings then headed out for Spokane in the morning.

Ran into rain starting at about Columbus and ran in the rain all the way to Missoula where we called it quits for the day. 250 miles of wet was enough.

Sunday we did 500+ in and out of showers. Ran into some pretty strong headwinds between Mosses Lake and the top of Snoqualime Pass... After the pass, and one last squall, I had bright sunshine for the last 40 miles to home.

I was good to get home and really good to see my better half. The trip was fun, saw new territory, met some really great people and enjoyed myself greatly.

Trip, and company, thanks for the ride and the memories.

Todd
06-22-2009, 09:31 AM
Hope to be home by this afternoon/evening....which was planned.....will check in then. About 400 (+/-) miles to go today........around 3800 or 3900 so far...will have to double check when I get to the bike.

chainsaw
06-22-2009, 04:22 PM
Made it home Sunday about 3 p.m. No problems at all. Road in rain all day Saturday, some very heavy. Totaled 2747 miles. Great trip, super people. Doesn't get much better. Thanks to you all for such a great time.

Cajunrider
06-22-2009, 08:02 PM
Darlene and I made it home safely today at 1:55 pm. Total miles round trip was 3,843. We had a great time on the way up, at Custer and on the way back. Great company all the way around. We didn't want the rally to end but it's great to be back home.

audiogooroo
06-22-2009, 08:58 PM
Darlene and I made it home safely today at 1:55 pm. Total miles round trip was 3,843. We had a great time on the way up, at Custer and on the way back. Great company all the way around. We didn't want the rally to end but it's great to be back home.
Mitch, it was a pleasure to meet you and Darlene. I have to say that now, after having met you, when I read your posts I can hear that thick Cajun accent! :)

coacha
06-22-2009, 09:12 PM
Still on the road.

audiogooroo
06-22-2009, 09:17 PM
Still on the road.
Sounds good to me! http://s2.images.proboards.com/cheesy.gif
Take care now Ron.

Kawhead
06-22-2009, 09:29 PM
I'M HOME Y'ALL!!!!! JUST A FEW MINUTES AGO!!!!!!! THANKS TO EVERYBODY FOR MAKING THAT THE BEST VACATION I HAVE EVER HAD IN MY LIFE!!!!! http://s2.images.proboards.com/cheesy.gif http://s2.images.proboards.com/cheesy.gif http://s2.images.proboards.com/cheesy.gif http://s2.images.proboards.com/cheesy.gif http://s2.images.proboards.com/cheesy.gif http://s2.images.proboards.com/cheesy.gif http://s2.images.proboards.com/cheesy.gif http://s2.images.proboards.com/cheesy.gif http://s2.images.proboards.com/cheesy.gif http://s2.images.proboards.com/cheesy.gif http://s2.images.proboards.com/cheesy.gif http://s2.images.proboards.com/cheesy.gif http://s2.images.proboards.com/cheesy.gif http://s2.images.proboards.com/cheesy.gif http://s2.images.proboards.com/cheesy.gif http://s2.images.proboards.com/cheesy.gif http://s2.images.proboards.com/cheesy.gif http://s2.images.proboards.com/cheesy.gif http://s2.images.proboards.com/cheesy.gif http://s2.images.proboards.com/cheesy.gif http://s2.images.proboards.com/cheesy.gif http://s2.images.proboards.com/cheesy.gif http://s2.images.proboards.com/cheesy.gif http://s2.images.proboards.com/cheesy.gif http://s2.images.proboards.com/cheesy.gif http://s2.images.proboards.com/cheesy.gif http://s2.images.proboards.com/cheesy.gif http://s2.images.proboards.com/cheesy.gif http://s2.images.proboards.com/cheesy.gif http://s2.images.proboards.com/cheesy.gif http://s2.images.proboards.com/cheesy.gif http://s2.images.proboards.com/cheesy.gif http://s2.images.proboards.com/cheesy.gif http://s2.images.proboards.com/cheesy.gif http://s2.images.proboards.com/cheesy.gif http://s2.images.proboards.com/cheesy.gif http://s2.images.proboards.com/cheesy.gif http://s2.images.proboards.com/cheesy.gif http://s2.images.proboards.com/cheesy.gif http://s2.images.proboards.com/cheesy.gif http://s2.images.proboards.com/cheesy.gif http://s2.images.proboards.com/cheesy.gif http://s2.images.proboards.com/cheesy.gif http://s2.images.proboards.com/cheesy.gif http://s2.images.proboards.com/cheesy.gif http://s2.images.proboards.com/cheesy.gif I GOTTA GO SHOP FOR ANOTHER NOMAD http://s2.images.proboards.com/shocked.gif http://s2.images.proboards.com/shocked.gif http://s2.images.proboards.com/shocked.gif http://s2.images.proboards.com/shocked.gif

glwilson
06-22-2009, 09:53 PM
I'M HOME Y'ALL!!!!! JUST A FEW MINUTES AGO!!!!!!! THANKS TO EVERYBODY FOR MAKING THAT THE BEST VACATION I HAVE EVER HAD IN MY LIFE!!!!! http://s2.images.proboards.com/cheesy.gif http://s2.images.proboards.com/cheesy.gif http://s2.images.proboards.com/cheesy.gif http://s2.images.proboards.com/cheesy.gif http://s2.images.proboards.com/cheesy.gif http://s2.images.proboards.com/cheesy.gif http://s2.images.proboards.com/cheesy.gif http://s2.images.proboards.com/cheesy.gif http://s2.images.proboards.com/cheesy.gif http://s2.images.proboards.com/cheesy.gif http://s2.images.proboards.com/cheesy.gif http://s2.images.proboards.com/cheesy.gif http://s2.images.proboards.com/cheesy.gif http://s2.images.proboards.com/cheesy.gif http://s2.images.proboards.com/cheesy.gif http://s2.images.proboards.com/cheesy.gif http://s2.images.proboards.com/cheesy.gif http://s2.images.proboards.com/cheesy.gif http://s2.images.proboards.com/cheesy.gif http://s2.images.proboards.com/cheesy.gif http://s2.images.proboards.com/cheesy.gif http://s2.images.proboards.com/cheesy.gif http://s2.images.proboards.com/cheesy.gif http://s2.images.proboards.com/cheesy.gif http://s2.images.proboards.com/cheesy.gif http://s2.images.proboards.com/cheesy.gif http://s2.images.proboards.com/cheesy.gif http://s2.images.proboards.com/cheesy.gif http://s2.images.proboards.com/cheesy.gif http://s2.images.proboards.com/cheesy.gif http://s2.images.proboards.com/cheesy.gif http://s2.images.proboards.com/cheesy.gif http://s2.images.proboards.com/cheesy.gif http://s2.images.proboards.com/cheesy.gif http://s2.images.proboards.com/cheesy.gif http://s2.images.proboards.com/cheesy.gif http://s2.images.proboards.com/cheesy.gif http://s2.images.proboards.com/cheesy.gif http://s2.images.proboards.com/cheesy.gif http://s2.images.proboards.com/cheesy.gif http://s2.images.proboards.com/cheesy.gif http://s2.images.proboards.com/cheesy.gif http://s2.images.proboards.com/cheesy.gif http://s2.images.proboards.com/cheesy.gif http://s2.images.proboards.com/cheesy.gif http://s2.images.proboards.com/cheesy.gif I GOTTA GO SHOP FOR ANOTHER NOMAD http://s2.images.proboards.com/shocked.gif http://s2.images.proboards.com/shocked.gif http://s2.images.proboards.com/shocked.gif http://s2.images.proboards.com/shocked.gif

Whew!! Glad to hear you made isment!

Now what are you going to do about getting another black Nomad?

Todd
06-22-2009, 10:56 PM
Pulled into the garage tonight at 11:05. 4275.9 miles from my garage back to her parking spot. Amy already has about 140-150 plus over me and still has to go home tomorrow. Lots of great miles with everyone..........about 100 yds of bad with Mike...............damn deer!!!!!!!!! :( :( :(

audiogooroo
06-22-2009, 10:58 PM
Pulled into the garage tonight at 11:05. 4275.9 miles from my garage back to her parking spot. Amy already has about 140-150 plus over me and still has to go home tomorrow. Lots of great miles with everyone..........about 100 yds of bad with Mike...............damn deer!!!!!!!!! :( :( :(
Glad you made it home safe Todd. It was great to meet you!

kawgirl
06-22-2009, 11:07 PM
I'm at Todd's. Will make it home tomorrow and will report with total miles then. Had a blast ya'll!!

Todd
06-22-2009, 11:22 PM
Glad you made it home safe Todd. It was great to meet you!

You too Darryl.....really enjoyed riding with you Thursday too....let me know a couple weeks prior to your trip to Charlotte and we will get together.

Todd
06-22-2009, 11:24 PM
I'm at Todd's. Will make it home tomorrow and will report with total miles then. Had a blast ya'll!!

FREE WIRELESS INTERNET here too......I'm just like the Super 8 without the maid service :-/ :-/ Gnight!

Cajunrider
06-23-2009, 07:50 AM
Mitch, it was a pleasure to meet you and Darlene. I have to say that now, after having met you, when I read your posts I can hear that thick Cajun accent! :)

Same here Daryl, it was a pleasure. I sure hope everyone could understand me through my flat accent. Jeff and Trip got some pretty good laughs on my pronunciation of some words such as 'butter', 'mud', etc. When they read this I'm sure they will smother in laughter again. Take care buddy.

Mitch

Cajunrider
06-23-2009, 07:53 AM
Amy and Annete, Darlene and I were amazed at how well you both handle those 800 + pound beasts. I only hope that one day my riding skills will be half as good as yours.

Cajunrider
06-23-2009, 07:53 AM
Hey 'Bumblebee', Glad you made it home safely. Same to the rest of you all.

waynee
06-23-2009, 07:59 AM
Arrived home at 10:30 Monday night. Good ride on the return leg. Missed all the bad rain through the mid-west. Total miles on ride 4817.

Cajunrider
06-23-2009, 07:59 AM

Whew!! Glad to hear you made isment!

Now what are you going to do about getting another black Nomad?

Greg, My memory isn't that great but I don't think that I had the pleasure of meeting you in Custer. I wish we could have sat down and discussed politics. After reading your former political posts, I know that we have much in common. Maybe next time.

Mitch

jmorrow
06-23-2009, 08:35 AM
Mike, I hope you foot heals fast and your back on the road soon. I'm glad Annette and I got to meet you. :) Be sure that when you shop for another Nomad you buy the best color again (black). http://s2.images.proboards.com/grin.gif

trip
06-23-2009, 08:45 AM
I'm glad everyone is getting home safe and sound from the rally. Even Mike is home and I'm glad to see things are OK for him even though he'll have to buy another Nomad. Mike, you take care and heal up.

I especially want to thank everyone for attending and being a part of the rally. I thoroughly enjoyed meeting everyone and finally putting a face and character with the name.

I wish everyone KawaNOW member only the best for the future. Hopefully I can meet more of you at the next rally.

Trip

jmorrow
06-23-2009, 08:47 AM
Arrived home at 10:30 Monday night. Good ride on the return leg. Missed all the bad rain through the mid-west. Total miles on ride 4817.

Wayne it was nice meeting you. Thanks for the hors d'oeuvre at the Spurr in Ogallala.

Todd
06-23-2009, 09:06 AM
Hey 'Bumblebee', Glad you made it home safely. Same to the rest of you all.

same to you.....bumblebee....humph! ;) ;) ;)

rayski271
06-23-2009, 10:09 AM
made it home safe sat nite 3080 miles all told from custer trip and thank again trip it was a great trip all the way around

roadman
06-23-2009, 10:25 AM
Ray it was nice to meet and ride with you....glad you made it home safe :)

burly
06-23-2009, 11:01 AM
I made it home safe and sound on Friday.

Thanks to everyone who helped me out after my stupid twisty spill. I have one very sore rib from taking my mirror out, but other than that everything is relatively fine.

It was a pleasure to meet all of you, and hope to see you again. Great bunch of Nomadians.

waterman
06-23-2009, 12:58 PM

Thanks to everyone who helped me out after my stupid twisty spill. I have one very sore rib from taking my mirror out, but other than that everything is relatively fine.

It was a pleasure to meet all of you, and hope to see you again. Great bunch of Nomadians.

Glad to see you made it home.

cactusjack
06-23-2009, 02:11 PM

Brent, I'm happy to see you made it back to Saskatchewan. Don't be ashamed of the spill you took. It could have happened to any one of us. All things considered, you were lucky that your weren't seriously injured or your bike destroyed.

It was a pleasure to meet you and I hope we cross paths again sometime.

coacha
06-23-2009, 02:34 PM
Got home today at 1:15. About 4850 for mileage for the entire trip. Been working on a toilet that was leaking...joys of home ownership. Bike is filthy and that gets cleaned tomorrow.

jmorrow
06-23-2009, 02:58 PM

Brent, Glad that all is well with you and you made the trip home safely. Hope to meet you again at another KawNOW rally.

kawgirl
06-23-2009, 03:33 PM
Made it home a little before 3. Had to stop for gas on the way in and grabbed a hot dog before plowing on home. Glad to be here and all cleaned up! I had a great time everyone!!

kawgirl
06-23-2009, 04:03 PM
Amy and Annete, Darlene and I were amazed at how well you both handle those 800 + pound beasts. I only hope that one day my riding skills will be half as good as yours.

Thanks for the comps Mitch! I really enjoyed meeting you and Darlene.

oldbikers
06-24-2009, 09:19 AM
After a short stay in Dodge City KS and a couple of days in Branson MO Bea and I made it home yesterday about 2:30 with a total of 3331 miles.

garyjs
06-25-2009, 02:40 PM
Left Custer on Friday morning, June 19, and rode through Custer State Park. Then headed north to I-90. Sunny and 80-85 degrees all the way across S.D. Arrived back in Sioux Falls in great shape.

It was a pleasure to meet all the great members that I did. Wish there was more time to just get to know each other better.

Thank you to all who contributed to this first of it’s kind event. Had a great time.

Blessings to All,
Gary

Cajunrider
06-25-2009, 02:55 PM
I don't know if we met Gary but if we did it was a pleasure. I didn't meet anyone at Custer that I wouldn't invite into my home. Take care.

Mitch

dmac
06-25-2009, 05:52 PM
We got home Saturday by 10:30am in time to get our cat, Toby, out of Kittycamp before they closed at noon.
We had a great time, no problems, we did the Badlands loop on the way home.
Did anybody see Chuck Bowman, "Woodchuck" from Longville, MN at the rally? We met him and his wife at a Ft. Pierre gas station and they said they were on their way to the rally.

daduke
06-26-2009, 05:56 PM
We finally made it home late last Sunday evening. We spent Friday in Custer State Park and in Sturgis. WQe then loaded up and headed home on Saturday evening. Marilyn and I had a ball. When we arrived home we discovered that our house had been hit by lightening and the we had no PC's, TV's , garage door opener, cable modem, router or printers. We are slowly getting life back to normal after the trip and the strike on the house. Here is a link to the pics we took

http://s911.photobucket.com/albums/ac317/Da_Duke/ (http://s911.photobucket.com/albums/ac317/Da_Duke/)

We did have a close encounter of the pants peeing http://s2.images.proboards.com/shocked.gif kind on Thursday. We were caught in the rain on Iron Mtn Rd. and decided to go back down the mountain to get out of the rain.
We ran into a Bull Buffalo coming up the hill in my lane. There was some screeching of tires going on with my brand new Metzlers. I pulled over as close to the guard rail as I could and waited for him to pass. At one time we were within 10 feet of each other - there is a photo of the event in the photobucket web link. here is another . I'll load some of the handle bar video of the Devils Tower Ride on You Tube this evening.

ballast
06-26-2009, 09:53 PM
http://s2.images.proboards.com/cool.gifTonight is my last night in a hotel, Bend OR. I have a tad over 300 miles to get home tomorrow then have a charity ride on Sunday. When I do get home I'll have riden around 4400 miles over the last 15 days and added 6 states to my ride map.
Damn I need a rest!

unwind2
06-27-2009, 11:46 AM
Wow Duke that would be disturbing to come around the corner and see.
http://i911.photobucket.com/albums/ac317/Da_Duke/012DownfromIronMtn-inmylane.jpg

MarkG
06-27-2009, 12:48 PM
I am probably one of the last to check in. Got home this morning around 10am. Had a fantastic trip. http://s2.images.proboards.com/grin.gif Enjoyed meeting everyone and looking forward to the next one. http://s2.images.proboards.com/cool.gif

lw
06-27-2009, 07:45 PM
Finally!!! We made it home a little after 5 pm this afternoon.

Only semi- unenjoyable part of the whole trip was an unplanned repair job that had to be done on Frances' Expedition yesterday afternoon in Canyon,TX. Seems a coil pack on #7 cylinder broke or at least made itself known coming out of Palo Duro Canyon. She told me when we stopped for lunch that the check engine light had come on and that just before we stopped it had started to blink rapidly. Fortunately for us, the Canyon brain-trust was having their daily coffee at the Braums we stopped at. When I consulted the five white-haired gentlemen (the youngest appeared in his mid 60's, the eldest we were told is 83) and explained my predicament; not only did we get a reference for a mechanic, we got an escort and an introduction. In just over an hour, the offending part was replaced, the engine tuned and we were on our way once more. If your cage breaks down in Canyon,TX Donnie King at King's Alignment & Automotive is the man to see (even if it isn't 2 pm on Friday afternoon).
That kind of customer service must be part of what's kept him in business for 31 years.

Cajunrider
06-27-2009, 08:33 PM
Happy to hear you all made it home safely Larry. It was indeed a pleasure.

ballast
06-27-2009, 08:55 PM
http://s2.images.proboards.com/cool.gifHome today at 1:30 PM. Final tally is 4,537 miles, 6 new states, overnights in 9 cities, $55 in gambling losses and 1 new cowboy hat. What a great 2 weeks. Y'all rock and I can't wait till the next one.

And Mitch, I thought about you today as I rode through Terrabonne Oregon on my way home today.

biscuitsngravy
06-27-2009, 09:22 PM
Just got home this afternoon. From Custer we went to Great Falls, MT and met some Washington State friends. We traveled north to Moose Jaw, SK and Saskatoon, SK before we split up and me and Momma went south. We are glad to be back in Iowa!! We had lots of high winds for the last 4 days. The rally was great at Custer. Got to meet a lot of real nice folks and drooled on a lot of beautiful Nomads. We plan on attending the 2011 Rally, no matter where it will be! We traveled almost 2900 miles and "BiscuitsNGravy" never missed a beat. Great bikes we have!! My best to you all!! BnG