PDA

View Full Version : In Law Smart Remark

unwind2
08-06-2007, 08:47 PM
My hubbie and I met his three sisters and their spouses at a restaurant to eat supper. I rode the Nad as I wanted to ride after we ate as it would be a little cooler. Hot right now during the day high 90s to low 100s.

One of my sister n laws asked the other two sister's hubbies if they have even ridden a motorcycle. One said yes a long time ago used to have a harley and that was all he said. The other one said 'No I never have nor will I ever. I think too much of myself.' He looked at me and said 'No offense'.

Man I am not one to think of a quick comeback. All I could think of was everybody is entitled to their opinion. But I sure was steaming. He couldn't just leave it and say...no I haven't. http://s2.images.proboards.com/angry.gif:(" title=">:(" border="0"/>

bluetongue
08-06-2007, 08:59 PM
All that comment means is he intimidated by you.

blowndodge
08-06-2007, 09:01 PM
"I think too much of myself" should have been your first clue Nancy!!!! You got the answer you needed!!! We think too much of our life NOT to ride!!

08-06-2007, 09:02 PM
You shoulda just looked him up and down and said "WHY?" lol

trip
08-06-2007, 09:24 PM
Next time say......"I'll take you for a ride sometime, if you've got the b@lls for it".

Now, I don't care who you are that was funny right there.

blowndodge
08-06-2007, 09:25 PM
Who are we to argue with the Boss Man??????????

08-06-2007, 09:27 PM
That there WAS funny!!! Trip the Cable Guy!!!

bluetongue
08-06-2007, 09:42 PM
I would of loved to seen his face if she told him that. Would of been worth frame that pic.LOL

socwkbiker
08-06-2007, 10:09 PM
That's a comment frequently made by people who are afraid to truly live life. D**n, left that censor on. I had a good one but it won't come out.

vulcanvixen
08-07-2007, 01:41 AM
Just remember....when someone has to insult others to make themselves feel big it just goes to show how small they really are! Ride like the wind......maybe right over his foot next time!!! (oops, did I say that???)

08-07-2007, 04:19 AM
Live and Let Live.........There are people who live inside the Box and then there are the ones like riders that don't. Cheers

dharris
08-07-2007, 04:34 AM
WELL ....About all you can expect from a JackASS is a bray.........

socwkbiker
08-07-2007, 08:42 AM
And, since he's so judgemental of bikers, I'm sure his karma will get smited one day.

lw
08-07-2007, 08:56 AM
Live by the Smite, die by the smite. . .

unwind2
08-07-2007, 04:31 PM
I should have just gotten up and said 'Well, since I think so much of myself I think I go for a ride.' http://s2.images.proboards.com/cool.gif

socwkbiker
08-07-2007, 04:39 PM
That would have been a good one unwind. Don't sweat him, he has no clue about the beauty of a ride.

blowndodge
08-07-2007, 05:39 PM
Did everyone say to Smite Nico again?????

Todd
08-07-2007, 05:45 PM
It's funny how people can be so biased just because you are riding a bike. I can walk into the same place dressed for work (business casual) and people react to me completely different than if I go there while riding....the way I figure it,,,,Their loss!!!! He's probably the same guy staring at you from his car when you go down the road thinking "Man, I wish my wife would let me get a bike" but since she wont, he has to act like it's his decision.

unwind2
08-07-2007, 06:49 PM
toddf1 - You are so right. I get the comment a lot 'you don't look like someone who rides a motorcycle'. I always then ask them what does a motorcyclist look like? I usually get the 'duh - you know or well'. ::)

I pulled up one time a typical gas/food quick stop. Got my gas and when I went in the man said 'can you ride that thing?'
I said 'no I just push it around town for exercise.' Where's your sign????????

unwind2
08-07-2007, 06:52 PM
Nico wants to be the SMITE King!. http://s2.images.proboards.com/grin.gif

socwkbiker
08-07-2007, 07:34 PM
Awesome comeback unwind! Ok, so far we've had a Larry the Cable Guy and a Bill Engval reference. To complete the trifecta:

If you quote the Blue Collar guys, you might be a redneck.

toddf1 - You are so right. I get the comment a lot 'you don't look like someone who rides a motorcycle'. I always then ask them what does a motorcyclist look like? I usually get the 'duh - you know or well'. ::)

I pulled up one time a typical gas/food quick stop. Got my gas and when I went in the man said 'can you ride that thing?'
I said 'no I just push it around town for exercise.' Where's your sign????????

dip
08-07-2007, 08:52 PM
maybe you should have said "do you really...what other things in life do you prevent yourself from experiencing based on some preconceived notion" people - how sad sometimes that we are so afraid to go outside of our own little small frame of reference about people, places and things.

dip
08-07-2007, 08:55 PM
smile - good one unwind. as an aside i personally like ron white and kathleen madigan, though i don't think anyone would ever confuse me for a redneck (smiling).

Todd
08-08-2007, 10:40 AM
Ron White is the man...2 best lines..."I had the right to remain silent, just didn't have the ability" and "I was drinking in the bar, they threw me into PUBLIC"

Yeah, I guess I might be one ..)

blowndodge
08-08-2007, 10:44 AM
Ron White is my favorite! "How far can this plane fly on one engine? I said all the way to the scene of the crash?" I still laugh at that one.

stewart
08-08-2007, 04:15 PM
Or right after he said no he thinks too highly of himself, you could say "yep I'd have to agree with you."

That would have worked to.

lw
08-09-2007, 11:55 AM
Probably just as well you were momentarily taken aback by Captain Rudiepants and didnt respond to the brotherinlaw. Any response would have likely had no effect; as trying to reason with a person of that mindset is "like tryin to teach a pig to dance. It wastes your time, and annoys the pig"

stewart
08-09-2007, 06:09 PM
Probably just as well you were momentarily taken aback by Captain Rudiepants and didnt respond to the brotherinlaw. Any response would have likely had no effect; as trying to reason with a person of that mindset is "like tryin to teach a pig to dance. It wastes your time, and annoys the pig"

That was funny :)

Todd
08-09-2007, 06:24 PM
Hey unwind...I would have liked to have seen his face when you told him that.....are you sure he didnt call you sweetie or missy or honey or something like that too!!!!

lw
08-09-2007, 10:05 PM
Wow, a brotherinlaw who is self centered AND condescending?? never would have expected that combination <smirk> ;)

flightdoc
08-17-2007, 08:34 AM
could have said " It's a good thing , for you, that my sister doesn't feel the same "

rflnomad
08-18-2007, 03:33 PM
Man, that response was cold.
But... when the dinner was over, Who went for the ride????
Like the old Harley-Davidson ad stated; "If I had to explain, you wouldn't understand." It is so true. Sometimes, I will tell non-riding people we know about riding. But when one of them asks me about it, It's a two hour conversation! I tell them about what WE know; the wind, freedom, feeling the road around you and what is like to see the trip you are taking.
A friend and previous employer went on a trip to Colorado. He commented on all the bikes he saw the really was jealous of them. We talked about it at length and I gave him a short lesson. Then he took the MSF classes and passed.
Long story short; He rode to Sturgis last year. Said it was the ride of a lifetime. Now he taught his kids to ride.
So, People shouldn't judge before you know what is on trial.
Keep riding.

08-18-2007, 11:12 PM
Hoorah!! ;)

dan
08-19-2007, 07:59 AM
I vote for MachoDC's remark. Look him up and down and say WHY? It simply makes the point.

hangon702
08-19-2007, 10:15 PM
I would have ask him if he pees sitting down. I know thats not nice but sometimes life isn't either.

unwind2
08-20-2007, 12:51 AM
I should print all these reply scenarios off and send it to him.

P.S. I'm glad proboards has a spell check - couldn't spell scenarios had to let the spell check fix it. :-[

08-21-2007, 10:26 AM
I should have just gotten up and said 'Well, since I think so much of myself I think I go for a ride.' http://s2.images.proboards.com/cool.gif

There you go!!!!! that would have been awesome LOLOLOL.