PDA

View Full Version : Any trips or rallies planned?

08-07-2007, 11:12 AM
With Sturgis firing up I thought I'd see if anyone is planning on doing any trips/rallies?

I'm planning a 6 day trip next Fri-Wed. I'll be riding from Utah up through the Northwest with two Harley friends. Night 3 will be in Okanogan, Washington about 50 miles or so south of the Canadian border so I'm really tempted to sneak up there real quick just to say I did. I'm really itchin' to go I need a break from work! http://s2.images.proboards.com/angry.gif:(" title=">:(" border="0"/>

socwkbiker
08-07-2007, 12:57 PM
That's a heck of a trip wolfman! Make sure you take plenty of pictures for those of us who are jealously working.

lomax
08-07-2007, 01:20 PM
...Wolfman....If you find the time to get up into Canada, I think you will like it lots. I live about 3 hours north of the Oroville/Osoyoos border crossing so you would kinda be in my "back yard". Although you will find the traffic to be heavy, a couple hour drive north of the border will give you some beautiful country to look at. :)

trip
08-07-2007, 03:44 PM
Wolfman,
Actually, I'm going to be in your neighborhood the first week in October....kind of.

Two riding buds and I are traveling from Dallas to Kanab, Utah. We're leaving Friday, Sept. 28 and will return, Saturday, Oct. 6th. We plan on riding a few days while there, seeing the North rim of the Grand Canyon, Zion, Bryce and Cedar Breaks National Monument. We plan to mosey over to Moab, UT on our way back and then cut through Colorado down to New Mexico.

I realize all this is kind of "south" of you. Good luck on your trip to Washington. Don't let anyone talk you out of stepping into Canada. As lomax said, it's well worth it. While we are in Utah, we plan on riding down I-15 to Mesquite, NV just to say we rode into Nevada.

Trip

08-07-2007, 06:18 PM
You should enjoy that ride Trip. I was out that way a couple of summers ago. I sure wish I had had my Nomad out there with me. If you're going through Moab, check out Arches NP while you there. Great little pizza place in Moab but I can't remember the name of it. It's right on the main street on a corner. Enjoy your trip.

08-07-2007, 10:49 PM
Wolfman,
Actually, I'm going to be in your neighborhood the first week in October....kind of.

Two riding buds and I are traveling from Dallas to Kanab, Utah. We're leaving Friday, Sept. 28 and will return, Saturday, Oct. 6th. We plan on riding a few days while there, seeing the North rim of the Grand Canyon, Zion, Bryce and Cedar Breaks National Monument. We plan to mosey over to Moab, UT on our way back and then cut through Colorado down to New Mexico.

I realize all this is kind of "south" of you. Good luck on your trip to Washington. Don't let anyone talk you out of stepping into Canada. As lomax said, it's well worth it. While we are in Utah, we plan on riding down I-15 to Mesquite, NV just to say we rode into Nevada.

Trip

You'll have a blast trip! Southern Utah is beatuiful and very unique. 99 times out of 100 the weather is great. If you're going down I-15 into Nevada you'll actually nip the corner of Arizona. That part of I-15 in AZ would be alot of fun on a bike. It is known as the Virgin River Gorge. Freeway speed sweepers and no cops! Don't be surprised to have people doing 90-100 up the AZ canyon between Mesquite and St. George.

08-07-2007, 11:00 PM
A few of us Texas riders are getting together and heading to Abilene for the weekend next week. Other than that my next trip will be the first week of October. Heading to Eureka Springs, Arkansas for the Drift In with a few of my buds.

BTW Wolfman, nice looking Charger. It's hard to tell from the pic for sure, but it looks like a 68, is that right?

Sounds like fun. 68 is right. My brother and dad are into the chargers. They have 2 68's and 1 69. Ain't nothin' quite like the sound of a big block! It would be great if our forum someday grew to be like theirs http://www.dodgecharger.com/

08-21-2007, 05:42 PM
hey all, just checking in from my hotel in Boise, Id. It looks like everyone has been busy typing -Man I leave for a few days and I don't know if I'll ever get caught up on all the posts. We had a great ride some of the most scenic country I've ever seen in my life. 6 days over 2000 miles. I'll post a link to photobucket when I get home to share my pics. Sunday we got rained on ALL DAY LONG in western washington but boy was it pretty. Blewett Pass to Stevens Pass up Hwy 9 and over Hwy 20!!! If anyone ever gets the chance to do those hwys you'll have the time of your life!!! Hwy 55 from Lewiston to boise was great too. The nomad has ran flawlessly as expected. PEACE.

socwkbiker
08-21-2007, 07:19 PM
Wolfman, I am so jealous of you. Enjoy your ride bro' and keep safe.

dan
08-21-2007, 08:22 PM
Wolfman, don't know if you will be close to Moab, Utah but I rode from St. Louis to Moabe last year and was aw-struck by the beauty. Have a magnificent trip.

spork
08-21-2007, 10:41 PM
I will be hitting Eureka Springs for the VROC World Reunion.

Do we need to plan a KawaNOW annual event????? Hmmmmmmmm.

jeffm
08-22-2007, 08:47 AM
Dan i just noticed you are from alton. I live in brighton. We'll have to meet up sometime.

08-22-2007, 12:06 PM
yup going to this rally this weekend.

August 24th - 25th - & 26th, 2007
Joseph Oregon

Family Fun ♦ Show / Shine ♦ Live Music & Dance

All Bikers & All Makes Of Bikes Come & Join Us

For A Fun Filled Weekend

For Information Contact: Terry De Spain (541) 432-4117
Email: terry@bronzebikerally.com

Free Admission to Spectators

Bronze Bike
Motorcycle Rendezvous
P. O. Box 942
Joseph, Oregon 97846
(541) 432-4117

http://www.bronzebikerally.com/index.html

08-22-2007, 07:22 PM
Some pics of our Northwest adventure
http://s185.photobucket.com/albums/x4/sjmarsing/bike%20trip%202006/
Total Miles - 2083
Avg price of fuel - $3.13
Avg miles per gallon - 38

socwkbiker
08-23-2007, 09:32 AM
Wolfman, checked out the photos of your ride and I definitely have to go on a ride like that. What absolutely beautiful scenery!

trip
08-23-2007, 10:23 AM
VERY nice pics Wolfman! Looks like you guys had a blast. I love the scenery.

Trip

08-23-2007, 10:31 AM
Some pics of our Northwest adventure
http://s185.photobucket.com/albums/x4/sjmarsing/bike%20trip%202006/
Total Miles - 2083
Avg price of fuel - $3.13
Avg miles per gallon - 38

Hey nice pics. Man those are some of my old riding area's. Man i love that ride over Hwy 20. It's one of the best roads and views in the state for riding. I see you took Hwy 2 which we must have crossed a hundred times in the 24 years i lived on the west of the state. Plus you guys rode right by the tri cities if we would have known each other back then i would have invited you all to stay with us for a night. Maybe next time. Again great images.

08-23-2007, 10:32 AM
Wolfman, checked out the photos of your ride and I definitely have to go on a ride like that. What absolutely beautiful scenery!

[size=100:beoj8vkm]I know this state pretty well and if you ever want to go for a ride like that up here in WA just let us know. http://s2.images.proboards.com/grin.gif[/size:beoj8vkm]

socwkbiker
08-23-2007, 11:57 AM
Vulcancouple, how far are you from Othello?

08-23-2007, 02:11 PM
Vulcancouple, how far are you from Othello?

We are about 58 miles from Othello, WA. You have kin there?

socwkbiker
08-23-2007, 02:16 PM
Born there.

08-23-2007, 02:29 PM
Wow thats very very small town. Ok cool. well if you make it this way we can go for spin through there. :-)

socwkbiker
08-23-2007, 03:21 PM
I don't know much about it. My dad was in the USAF and by age 2 I was living in upstate NY. How small? Is the base still there?

08-23-2007, 03:35 PM
I grew up in western washington but never appreciated the beauty until I moved away. In the 20 years I lived up there I had never been over Hwy 20. Beautiful road with perfectly banked curves!

08-23-2007, 03:42 PM
I don't know much about it. My dad was in the USAF and by age 2 I was living in upstate NY. How small? Is the base still there?

The town of othello looks like its about 1 square mile
http://maps.yahoo.com/;_ylc=X3oDMTExNmIycG51BF9TAzI3MTYxNDkEc2VjA2ZwLWJ1 dHRvbgRzbGsDbGluaw--#q1=othello,%20wa&mvt=m&trf=0&lon=-119.174366&lat=46.825318&mag=6

socwkbiker
08-23-2007, 04:05 PM
Thanks wolfman. Man, what a small town. I'll have to visit it one day.

bluetongue
08-23-2007, 10:04 PM
Just looked at you trip pics and they are great. I am going to have to haul my butt up that direction someday soon.

vulcanvixen
08-24-2007, 01:43 AM
Now that's my kinda riding!! Awesome pics, Wolfman!