PDA

View Full Version : Breakdowns-Towing?

dogdoc
08-09-2007, 08:16 AM
Thought I would ask BEFORE I have a breakdown. What have others done when you have had a breakdown(bike),lol, as far as towing the bike? Who do YOU call for help, AAA, your insurnace co., etc?? Any good feedback would be helpfull. Does progressive Ins. have a good towing service? Anything to watch out for???

Thanks

Doc

lw
08-09-2007, 08:39 AM
I dont know if they have a "good" towing service, but they provide coverage for towing. I currently have Geico for my cages and they paid the only towing claim I ever submitted without a problem.

08-09-2007, 09:11 AM
I have Progressive on the bike but I don't know how good the towing service is either. Hopefully I won't have to find out. I have the RV Plus level of AAA. That's the level needed for towing a bike. Hope this helps some.

08-09-2007, 09:29 AM
Progressive here too.... had Foremost but needed SR-22 so switched. AAA RV-MC towing also.

dharris
08-09-2007, 04:56 PM
Progressive and AAA RV_ MC Also

vulcanvixen
08-09-2007, 07:10 PM
I've got Progressive (best price around) and AAA for the bike. Had to use AAA when I left the ignition on and ran the battery down. Sure glad I had AAA when that happened!!!

dogdoc
08-09-2007, 09:36 PM
What method does AAA have to tow a bike?????

Doc

08-09-2007, 09:53 PM
I think it depends on whoever they contract with... I've seen flatbeds... ?

08-09-2007, 10:05 PM
I think you're right on that one Nico. Like I said before, I hope I don't have to find out.

rzuni
08-09-2007, 10:30 PM
I have progressive insurance but carry all my other vehicles on Allstate and have Allstate Platinum roadside service. I broke down in san antonio and had to get a tow to the kawasaki dealer. The service was awesome. The response was within an hour and they brought a trailer which is specially designed for motorcycles. Absolutely no damage and great service.
But you are at the mercy of whoever your service contracts with in the area.

The platinum service is the most expensive and runs me about $150.00 per year, but I get upto a $300 tow included on any vehicle.

08-10-2007, 04:00 AM
Thought I would ask BEFORE I have a breakdown. What have others done when you have had a breakdown(bike),lol, as far as towing the bike? Who do YOU call for help, AAA, your insurnace co., etc?? Any good feedback would be helpfull. Does progressive Ins. have a good towing service? Anything to watch out for???

Thanks

Doc
Break Downs we Nomad owners don,t have breakdowns....you must be thinking about the Darkside..........lol http://s2.images.proboards.com/grin.gif

rzuni
08-10-2007, 09:40 AM
If only that were true. Those gremlins are everywhere and that bell does not seem to ward them all off...................LOL

socwkbiker
08-10-2007, 10:11 AM
For insurance I have McGraw Insurance which was way cheaper than Progressive for me. I'm a member of ROK which has tow included in the membership. Also, for those living in Texas: On the back of your driver's license is an 800 number for roadside assistance.

dip
08-10-2007, 04:03 PM
have progressive too - no break down, but went down and allowed LEO on scene to contact what he described as a reputable tow service -- bad bad choice. no damage to bike but charged me $384 to tow bike less than 15 miles away, and about $90 per day storage. needless to say as soon as i received med treatment, husband and i went and got my bike -- bike could have been ridden from scene - hindsight i should have waited on side of rode with bike until i got in touch with someone who could have ridden it over to the shop; then go to hospital. good news progressive does reimburse towing charges.

guess i need to find good tow service...aaa? any other suggestions that are nationwide?

08-12-2007, 09:40 AM
Hard to beat AAA.... they're everywhere....

flightdoc
08-16-2007, 02:29 PM
I have Progressive and am a member of ROK also. I think ROK could be a great service to Kawa owners. I just recieved a free bike cover just for filling out a survey. Nice cover too.

legend82
08-23-2007, 02:44 PM
I have Interstate Star Sport "Diamond coverage" with a zero deductible. They have maintenance, trip interuption and towing in one package

socwkbiker
08-23-2007, 03:20 PM
I also have ROK.